The Agile Master Coach will help drive our organization to increasingly higher levels of performance by elevating the knowledge, understanding and application of Agile principles, practices and tools by executive business and technology leaders. As an expert coach, you must
- Identify current processes and revamp to align them to Agile methodologies
- Advise IT PMO and transformation on the people, processes and tool set needed to enable this change
- Champion the executive learning strategy on Agile methodology
- Challenge leaders to create a culture of continuous improvement and accountability to improve their KPIs, including growth, quality, speed, efficiency, productivity and customer satisfaction
- Engage with executive leaders to provide expert coaching and perspective
- Advise leaders in the planning and execution of transformation activities, including means to accelerate the cultural and behavioral change necessary to support core Agile practices
The outcome of your success is seen through the behaviors of others, and you provide the kind of coaching necessary to enable this. This role is key to enabling people to understand, learn and behave in an agile way that drives customer and business value while creating a healthy, agile team culture.Role Responsibilities:
- Work with IT PMO manager in establishing lean processes and governance to guide organizational wide adaption of agile methodologies.
- Drive adoption of Agile practices, techniques, and frameworks such as Scrum, SAFe and Kanban within IT organization.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, which encourage the adoption of agile practices and result in improved project execution
- Coach, mentor and guide teams on their agile journey to becoming self-sustaining, high performing agile teams
- Build expertise in the agile discipline by coaching multiple Scrum teams, perform assessments and create processes and plans for each IT team to adopt agile methodologies.
- Adaptive coaching style and the ability to work hands-on with teams in an advisor role with the ability to adapt based on the agile readiness of the team
- Partner with BPMO team, define and ensure consistent agile standards and best practices
- Partner with BPMO team, identify organizational impediments to successful Agile transformation and work with the leadership team to create effective strategies to overcome them
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) across the organization for Scrum, Kanban and Lean methodologies
- Define and support Agile estimation methods, Release Planning and other scaling activities and events
- Define and monitor metrics/scorecards to measure Agile maturity and helps develop and execute plans to improve maturity
- Define and implement project level financial reporting and dashboards to help track project level summary and status
- Foster an environment of mutual respect and cooperation, transparency, autonomy, agility, learning, innovation, quality and speed of execution
- Build solid working relationships and utilize effective negotiation and persuasion skills in working across the organizations
Experience: Required –
- 10+ years IT project management experience in Information Technology with large and complex projects, spanning the entire organization, in both Agile and waterfall methodologies, with focus on establishing governance, lean processes, influencing change and financial and program-wide reporting.
- 10+ years' experience in establishing processes and governance, coaching, mentoring and training new Agile/Scrum teams.
- B.S., B.A. in Computer Science or related discipline, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent job experience.
- One of the following
- PMP certification
- Advanced Scrum Master (A-CSM)
- Advanced Degree a plus
- SAFe Agilisit
- Certified Agile Coach (CAC)
- Certified Team Coach (CTC)
- Effectively work across multiple business units, matrixed environments in influencing and establishing agile vision, standards and policies, coordinating the delivery of multiple projects.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging processes and technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive business to be agile and transparent.
- Ability to establish and execute a strategic plan for transitioning organization towards agile methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain IT concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the IT organization.
- Deep understanding of Agile values, principles, and practices (Scrum and Kanban)
- Hands on experience in Scrum & Kanban as well as Agile scaling methodologies - such as LeSS, SaS and SAFe
- Strong facilitation, communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, leadership and negotiation skills
- Commitment to continuous learning, highly efficient in coaching Scrum Masters, team members and Product Owners
- Coaching experience in a complex, large agile environment
- Agile transformation or other organizational change experience
- Knowledgeable in DevOps practices
- Experience in a large financial services environment is a plus.
- Travel 25% of the time
- Onsite, remote work options dependent on team operating model and initiative
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours (Monday – Friday) to support business demand
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.#LI-TG1 #VCI
Apply on company website