The PMO Tooling Engineer is responsible to maintain and communicate shared architectural vision in partnership with IT PMO, Enterprise Architecture Team and Domain Architects of each business unit for the Enterprise IT configuration and release management systems such as i.e. Jama/Jira/Confluence, Planview, TFS, BizTalk, etc., A key component of this role is end to end ownership of configuration and release management systems and aligning these systems and strategies to that of enterprise IT strategy.Role Responsibilities:
- Understands each individual IT Business Unit's requirements for shared IT systems, detects deficiencies, recommends improvements and aligns enterprise IT solution-level requirements to ensure fit within the enterprise IT technology blueprints.
- Communicates and Reports on enterprise IT systems program roadmap, progress, outcomes and results
- Participates in gathering technical requirements including Non-Functional Requirements per IT Business Unit/per enterprise IT system.
- Ensures NAR IT teams have appropriate knowledge, experience, tooling, environments, and support to become a high performing team.
- Own, manage and set standards of usage for enterprise configuration management and release management tools such as Jama/Jira/Confluence/SharePoint/TFS/Planview/ServiceNow etc.
- Review existing enterprise IT tooling/solutions, identify capability, feature gaps and recommend solutions, tools and approaches to fix gaps along with detailed project plans.
- Responsible for minimizing expenditures and optimizing the utilization IT - technology investments. Assists in the budgeting process by providing forecast data.
- Identifies and quantifies risk, makes recommendations for risk mitigation and contingency plans. Escalate anticipated risk to management promptly and properly.
- Contributes to the development of tactical and long-term, strategic roadmaps for the Enterprise IT application landscape in cooperation with Enterprise Architecture team
- Proficient in Agile/Scrum methodologies, defines, advocates and ensures adherence to agile practices.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, encourage the adoption of agile practices and result in improved project execution
Experience: Required –
- Minimum 7+ years COTS applications, configuration management and release management experience (preferred in enterprise Configuration and Release management technology stacks; i.e. Jama/Jira/Confluence/SharePoint/TFS/Planview/ServiceNow)
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or Business Administration
- PMP certification
- Agile/Scrum Certification
- Entrepreneurial mindset identifying future technology enablement to IT strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to explain IT concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the IT organization
- Effective problem - solving skills, ability to multi-task and be organized with multiple projects/tasks at one time, proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail, ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team environment spanning multiple disciplines
- Experience in two or more development methodologies
- Expertise in enterprise configuration management and release management tools – e.g. Jama/Jira/Confluence/SharePoint/TFS/Planview/ServiceNow etc.,
- Experience creating technical blueprints, modeling as-is and to-be state based on business requirements
- Ability to assess existing toolset landscape, identify feature gaps and propose solutions.
- Work closely with IT Business Units to align to roadmaps, strategy, designs, standards, guidelines, and governance.
- Deep understanding of Agile values, principles, and practices (Scrum and Kanban)
- Hands on experience in Scrum & Kanban as well as Agile scaling methodologies.
- Experience in a large financial services environment is a plus.
- Travel 25% of the time
- Onsite, remote work options dependent on team operating model and initiative
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours (Monday – Friday) to support business demand
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply on company website