Provides leadership for the end-user computing environment for Workplace Technologies including the oversight of the staff. This includes managing, coordinating and developing all Modern Workplace support services as well as services provided by external partner including monitoring and tracking Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for printing and mobile device environments.Role Responsibilities: Strategic Work (40% of time)
- Managing and developing desktop/modern workplace architecture, whether designed to run on corporate owned equipment or colleagues' own devices (BYOD)
- Educate yourself and your team of educational opportunities in the industry for new technologies
- Work with other Volkswagen colleagues to create, understand and implement global standards and guidelines as it pertains to the modern workplace
- Participate in the modern workplace governance committee to regularly review the alignment of team products and services with business needs and satisfaction
- Recruiting (interviewing and hiring), appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees (as required), training, succession planning, coaching, addressing complaints and resolving problems, work planning, assignment and direction
- Drive Microsoft technology strategy and innovation projects for VCI & VCCI
- Manage projects using agile methodology to develop and support production-ready solutions.
Operational Work (60% of time)
- Ensure that currently deployed workstations adhere to VW Credit standards and have current software and configurations via software packaging and deployment. This will include software packaging for multiple operating systems, package testing, deployment to multiple locations, and resolution of failed deployments.
- Ensure all workstation images are current and up-to-date and deployed to all VW Credit support teams.
- Provide proactive and on call hardware/software support to end user community, ensuring timely and customer focused support
- Ensure proper problem escalation where necessary, to either VW Credit support staff or directly with vendors
- Ensure on-time and successful system/software deployments and upgrades
- Ensure all computer equipment and software is accurately labeled and inventoried through combination of manual and system management tracking systems.
- Responsible for warranty and maintenance contract adherence and tracking
- Ensure all VCI Lease Schedules are handled via proper policies and procedures and returned in a timely manner
- Ensure all VCI owned assets are handled via proper policies and procedures
- Ensure detailed coordination of Ordering, Invoicing, and return procedures.
- Ensure all mobile devices and the associated billing are up-to-date and accurate
Experience: Required –
- 10 years' experience in Information Technology environment supporting a modern workplace and end-user focused technologies
- 2 years in a management role and/or managing a high-performing team of 5 employees
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- MBA or M.S. degree
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic & reason, creative and strategic
- Demonstrated record of strong leadership and motivational skills resulting in quality service, high employee retention & moral within the team
- Demonstrated knowledge of ITIL and related service management skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal) and sharp business acumen; ability to communicate and present to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills; ability to create an open environment where conflicts as to project priorities and funding decisions can be aired and resolved in an objective manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving
- Ability & desire to learn new skills
- Microsoft 365 subscription suite
- Microsoft licensing
- Managing hardware & software assets in an enterprise environment
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- OpenText RightFax
- Citrix Workspace & VMWare Horizon View
- Microsoft Intune
- Active Directory & Azure Active Directory
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Group Policy administration
- Agile methodology (DevOps/SCRUM)
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Lift 50lbs
- Onsite, remote work options dependent on team operating model and initiative
- 10% business travel
- Flexibility to work outside core hours to support business
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply on company website