The Sales Controlling Specialist is a role within the Controlling department providing the financial and analytical support to Sales Operations, senior leadership, and VCI's brand partners. This role will partner together with the pricing team and sales operations team to track VCI's sales trends, statistically forecast future development and make sound financial recommendations that will impact a $750M annual figure through a strategic plan that you will outline and detail. The analysis, market research, and program recommendations will be aligned directly with Sales Operations under the direction of the Sr. Director, Controlling.
Role Responsibilities:Main responsibilities - 65%-70%
Develop an array of multi-variate statistical models that will forecast the optimal financial strategies for deploying a multi-million-dollar budget
Work directly with the brand and VCI Sales Ops directors to optimize brand incentives and maximize VCI business. This includes analysis and reporting on Subvention effectiveness, Retail vs. Lease mix, Used car volumes.
Support brand alignment by providing reporting and analytics for intercompany agreements including: Memorandum of Understandings, Residual Value Portfolio Model, Fleet sales tracking, etc.
Sales Planning for annual Budgeting, Planning Rounds, and monthly forecasting.
Develop and manage a sales reporting package used by senior leadership, brand colleges and the sales team. Package will include items such as: Vehicle trends, lease/retail share, tier/term share, program trends, incentive spend and competitive programs.
Ad-hoc market research and reporting including: Used car and subprime market share analysis, markup comparisons, etc. from PIN Navigator, Experian Autocount, and Marketscan systems.
Providing analytics and reporting:
maximize new/used program profitability and penetration
lease pull-ahead program profitability
Monthly Brand Program Pricing support and administration, including Wholesale pricing/analytics.
MPR development and administration including corporate and regional programs together with back-testing and effectiveness evaluation
Sales Operational Excellence (OpEx) management
Regional Support as directed by VCI Corporate Sales Ops Directors
Program exception support on exceptions with VCI financial implications.
. Experience: Required – 5 – 7 years of Professional Experience Education: Required –
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Data Sciences
- Master's degree (Specialization: Financial Analytics, Statistics, or Data Sciences), preferred
- Background in Accounting, Finance, Economics and Statistics
- Advanced Microsoft Office - Excel skills (Financial Modeling, Macro Building)
- Expert level data mining experience with Business Objects, SAS, Tableau and JD Power Pin
- Excellent Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Liaise across multiple departments
- Expert level ability to develop complex financial models that identify business trends and forecast outcomes based on methods such as Regression testing and Champion/Challenger hypothesis testing (Using SAS or similar statistical software)
- Utilize multiple data sources to develop statistical models that analyze market trends and utilize modeling outcomes to make recommendations to senior level management on how to optimize $750M of annual subvention budgets
- Model outcomes based on monthly and 5-year projections
- Market research reporting and analytical experience
- Database management and optimization Desired –
- Automotive industry experience Work Flexibility:
- Light travel may be required, 10-15%
- Long hours may be necessary during month/quarter/year-end reporting We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply on company website