Provides technological support to the Anesthesia Care Team in the Operating Room and ancillary anesthesia sites.
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Prior Anesthesia Tech or medical experience preferred. Degree preferred.
1. Provides room turnover in operating rooms and ancillary sites between cases by discarding used/disposable items. Cleans monitors, cables, cords and all exposed anesthesia surfaces. Sets room back up for cases to follow and communicates with Anesthesia Care Team if further assistance is needed.
2. Sets up anesthesia delivery and patient care systems.
3. While case is in progress, fills special requests and attends to continuing needs of the Anesthesia Care Team.
4. Cleans all anesthesia areas. Uses instrument processing system, inventories and restocks trays, ploss carts, gas machines, D-cells, and workrooms. Disinfects all anesthesia areas and removes all unused and/or excess items from rooms.
5. Maintains daily communication with supervisors, co-workers, and the Anesthesia Care Team to resolve problems. Prior to the start of a case, discusses equipment and supplies needed with anesthesia provider. Provides input on equipment problems and supply needs. Liaison with Clinical Equipment Management to resolve problems with malfunctioning equipment or proper use of equipment.
6. Ensures new CRNSs, SRNAs, faculty, and residents are educated on infection control guidelines, safety procedures and personal protective equipment.
7. Maintains positive working relationships with co-workers and all departmental staff. Assists co-workers whenever possible, shares workloads equally and cooperates with each to resolve personal conflicts.
8. Performs in accordance with age/developmental specific case guidelines regarding the use of appropriate supplies and equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Variations in temperature from hot to cold
- Exposure to hazardous body fluids, wastes, gasses, and chemicals
- Occasional exposure to radiation hazards
- Required to wear personal protective equipment: face and eye protection, gown, mask, and non-sterile medical gloves
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Apply on company website