Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant, PRN, High Point Medical Center
Weekend and Weekday availability
Assists with physical therapy programs to restore function in patients with disabilities, disorders, and injuries. Carries out treatment plans for a variety of patient diagnoses as per the Physical Therapists, making recommendations or changes when appropriate. Supports research programs involving physical therapy.
Successful completion of two year college program for Physical Therapy Assistants approved by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). One year of previous experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Current license in the State of North Carolina to practice as a Physical Therapy Assistant. CPR certification every two years.
Wake Forest Baptist Health:
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a pre-eminent academic health system based in Winston Salem, North Carolina. Wake Forest Baptist's two main components are an integrated clinical system- anchored by Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston Salem – that included Brenner Children's Hospital, five community hospitals, and more than 350 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,500 physicians; and Wake Forest School of Medicine, a recognized leader in experimental medical education and groundbreaking research that include Wake Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on advancing health care through new medical technologies and biomedical discovery.
1. Carries out physical therapy programs as planned and directed by the physical therapist in clinical and research applications. This involves training patients in exercises, ambulation, and activities of daily living.
2. Collects clinical assessment scores, radiographic scores and assessments, and health related quality of life information.
3. Performs a wide range of tests and evaluations in a clinical or research setting. This involves evaluation of developmental levels and functions, gross and fine motor skills, neurological-reflex testing, equilibrium, coordination, protective responses, muscle strength, muscle tone, joint range of motion, daily living skills and activities, and perceptual motor skills and defects. Screens for orthopaedic and physical defects, genetic anomalies, or idiopathic.
4. Maintains supplies and equipment.
5. Assists with research protocol and treatment development; ensures quality control of data. Develops and writes educational materials.
6. Participates in staff meetings, forums, committees, and in-service training activities.
7. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Good physical strength and condition
Ability to work with infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and older adult patients
Exposure to hazardous substances, infectious diseases, body fluids
Subject to many interruptions
Contact with patients, family members, visitors, coworkers and medical staff under a wide variety of circumstances
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Apply on company website