Provides clinical and administrative leadership for a defined patient care area(s). Responsibilities include accountability for the quality, service excellence, workplace experience and financial outcomes. This includes fostering a patient centered professional work environment through the implementation of the Theory of Human Caring, the nursing process, staff development and collaborative team interactions for the enhancement of the quality of patient care.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing, MSN or Masters in related field and six years experience in nursing with four years in related healthcare management required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Registered Nurse licensure from the State of North Carolina. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required.
1. Provides leadership to staff to ensure short and long-term goals are met by developing standards of performance and capitalizing on employee strengths, supporting the Mission, Vision, Core Values and Evidence-based practice. Assures appropriate orientation, education, credentialing, and continuing professional development for personnel.
2. Collaborates effectively throughout the organization by developing collegial relationships and communicating information effectively, encouraging communication and serving as a resource to staff and other departments.
3. Coordinates nursing care with other healthcare disciplines and assists in integrating services across the continuum of care. Accountable for the quality and appropriateness of health care delivery and for the environment in which clinical nursing is practiced.
4. Promotes a quality culture of safety for patients, self, co-workers, and facility in conjunction with the Director of Nursing and Medical Director. Assumes responsibility for the Care Delivery Model by developing systems to monitor and measure the quality, safety and outcomes, and implementing performance improvement measures for identified metrics.
5. Ensures care is delivered with respect for patient?s rights and preferences. Maintains privacy, confidentiality, and security for patients and staff. Facilitates resolution of conflicts, collaborates with Service Excellence to promote service recovery, and empowers staff in decision-making through shared governance.
6. Assumes responsibility with the Director of Nursing for the planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of the budgetary process for designated area(s). Assures nursing workload is measured and resources are allocated based on industry benchmarks and patient needs to optimize the provision of quality, cost effective care. Facilitates and monitors the appropriate utilization of staff based on credentialing, education and experience.
7. Ensures a biogenic environment, which stimulates the ongoing professional development of staff in accordance with the principles of Shared Governance, Theory of Human Caring, and professional practice. Develops and fosters relationships that support the continuous enhancement of care delivery, and patient and staff satisfaction through a professional practice environment of mutual respect.
8. Demonstrates value for professional nursing practice including the utilization of current standards, the nursing process and patient advocacy. Taking responsibility for continuing education to develop best practices and maintain the highest level of patient care and staff development.
9. Ensures/provides appropriate patient care in accordance with specific patient population. Demonstrates and utilizes knowledge of the needs of the patient population specific to the defined clinical area. Maintains competency related to patient population and identifies strategies to meet related needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Functions effectively under stressful conditions and difficult situations
- Ability to work effectively with the team
- Good computer skills
- Contact with patients, family members, visitors, co-workers, and medical staff under a wide variety of circumstances
- Regular exposure to the risk of blood-borne diseases, infections, and contagious diseases
- Clean, well-lit and comfortable climate
- Fast-paced, highly stressful, dynamic conditions
- Responds to emergency and crisis situations
- Required Protective Equipment required at all times: eye/face protection, gown, mask, gloves
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Apply on company website