Registered Sleep Technologist, Wilkes Medical Center Full Time
Provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders to adolescent, adult, and older adult patients under the supervision of a Medical Director. Involves polysomnography, diagnostic, and therapeutic services appropriate to age of patient, which contributes to positive patient outcomes.
High School diploma or GED required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a health field preferred. Two years' experience in a sleep center or other healthcare setting and completion of an AASM A-Step program preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Board registered in Polysomnography by the American Board of Registered Polysomnography Technologists (RPSGT) and registered with the North Carolina Medical Board. BCLS CPR certification.
1. Performs and/or assists in performing quality procedures in field of Sleep Disorders Medicine.
2. Always obtains orders in accordance with policy and procedure relative to sedation/restraints; does not leave patient unattended, confirms patient's chart and/or identity, using appropriate skills assessment to meet the patient's needs.
3. Educates patients and their significant others in a manner to assure understanding.
4. Obtains appropriate data management and documentation and utilizes hospital resources appropriately.
5. Maintains cooperative working relationship with other departments and members of the medical system.
6. Communicates in an effective manner to provide efficient and quality services with high customer satisfaction.
7. Participates in educational activities to enhance patient care and quality.
8. Performs appropriate equipment management including operations and maintenance.
9. Identifies life-threatening situations and carries out emergency care as allowed by the scope of the job.
10. Ensures the continuous delivery of high quality patient care by consistently seeking new knowledge and application of skills obtained. Attends all required in-services without prompting and maintains CPR certification.
11. Utilizes appropriate competencies, guidelines and environment for safe patient care. Provides age/developmental appropriate patient care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age group served.
12. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
Good oral, written, and listening communication skills
Ability to provide direct and indirect sleep studies
Strong technical skills in performance of sleep disorders
Ability to communicate on a professional level with physicians, nurses, and other ancillary professional staff
Ability to perform multiple tasks under stress
Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with public, patients, physicians, and other medical center staff
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings
Clean, well-lit, comfortable, low noise environment
Frequent exposure to diseases, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment
Exposure to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries, illness)
Possible exposure to odorous chemicals and flammable, explosive gases
Potential exposure to infections, contagious diseases, and bloodborne pathogens
Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
Subject to many interruptions
Contact with patients, family members, visitors, coworkers and medical staff under a wide variety of circumstances
Required personal protective equipment: eye and face protection, gown, mask, lab coat, sterile and nonsterile gloves, shoe covers
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Apply on company website