Respiratory Therapist, PRN, Lexington Medical Center
Provides quality Respiratory Care according to departmental policy for the following patient groups: neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric. Performs approved procedures and monitoring of equipment to promote a positive outcome.
Graduate of an AMA approved two or four year program for Respiratory Care or satisfies the requirements outlined in the NBRC admissions policies for registry examinations.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) and licensed to practice as a RCP in the state of North Carolina required. Basic Life Support (BLS) required. PALS, NRP ACLS required within 90 days of employment.
1. Provides respiratory therapies, following age appropriate standards of care and departmental policies and procedures throughout the hospital.
2. Educates the patient, medical house staff and other allied health professionals to assure continuity of care.
3. Evaluates and implements procedures based on appropriate utilization of current trends in cardio-respiratory technology
4. Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation and airway support following age-appropriate standards of care.
5. Reports routine clinical procedures regarding patients to relief personnel to ensure continuity of care for the patient. Performs and maintains competency for point-of-care testing as assigned, ensuring compliance with WFBH policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.
6. Providing invasive and non-invasive monitoring to ensure patient safety and appropriateness of care.
7. Assists with clinical instruction and skill building of student and intern Respiratory Care practitioners.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge and ensures QI to enhance service to customers.
9. Ensures age/developmentally appropriate patient care is provided in accordance with Age-Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
10. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills
Ability to provide direct and indirect respiratory care
Ability to perform multiple tasks under stress
Regularly exposed to patient blood products from collecting/procuring specimens and wearing protective equipment in response to the blood products according to OSHA standards
Frequent exposure to infectious and contagious diseases (Airborne pathogens, TB, etc.)
Works with caustic/toxic chemicals and drugs.
Subject to handling emergency, crises, and stressful environments
Climate controlled, clean environment
Subject to many interruptions
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Apply on company website