Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Do you feel like your career isn't moving in the right direction? Do you want to work for a company that promotes and helps you develop your career? Are you looking for an outstanding benefits package? Join the Waste Management team to take your career to the next level. In this position, you'll be an Administrative Operations Specialist, providing clerical and administrative support. Waste Management recognizes employees for hard work through competitive pay, great benefits, rewards and opportunities for growth.
***Hours are 9am – 6pm****
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
- Competitive Pay
- Industry-leading health insurance
- Paid vacation after 90 days
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employee Discount programs
- An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
Provides clerical and administrative support to departmental Managers, and assists in coordinating all aspects of daily operations, including recording and reporting data.
What Does it Take to Be an Operations Specialist?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
· High school diploma or GED
· Two years of administrative or clerical support experience
· Proficient in MS office programs
· Prior purchasing or procurement system experience (preferred)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving safety, service, and operational issues.
- Creates, distributes, and closes-out customer tickets on a daily basis.
- Maintains and distributes department related information on a daily basis.
- Communicates with other supervisors and managers about operations and/or dispatch issues.
- Completes and maintains a variety of reports as directed by the department manager.
- Uses software tools to manage a variety of tasks, such as procurement, time and attendance, safety incidents, and contract labor.
- Assists with data collection and reporting required for incentive pay programs.
- Assists with the processing of payments and other financial tasks as necessary.
- Assists in the implementation of operational projects as needed.
- Communicates with customers about service issues as needed.
- Communicates with employees about scheduling and work assignments as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: Office
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, "Apply” today!
Waste Management (WM) is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website