Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Are you tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Take the next step and put your high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - to good use with modern maintenance practices and technologies. We care about our Mechanic's safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our mechanics and managers. You'll be rewarded for your skills and ability as well as provided with opportunities for growth. Check us out, WM may be the company for you.Why should you apply? We invest in you!
- Great Pay ($30.66+ based on experience)
- Per diem and mileage reimbursement
- Industry-leading health insurance
- Yearly tool allowance, boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
- Paid vacation after 90 days
- Two weeks of off-site professional training
- Non flat-rate shops
- 401(K) + company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employee Discount programs
- An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
**This position will cover multiple sites including, but not limited to Fond du Lac, WI and Green Bay, WI. Must be flexible with travel and shift times**
About the Job The Area Relief Technician is a part of our market area support force - which may require weekly travel. You're a key part of our area strategy if sites are down a few technicians or need additional support. As an Area Relief Diesel Technician, you'll perform preventive maintenance inspection (PMI), troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild major components on vehicles and equipment. You'll work independently on equipment that requires a high level of skill with hydraulics, electrical, and diagnostics. Prolonged stays in any part of our service area are a reality and requires you to have the ability and willingness to travel.
What Does It Take to Be an Area Relief Diesel Technician?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
- Four years previous experience.
- Skill in operating tools, equipment, parts, and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment
- Skill in repair of special purpose equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles
- Ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program
- Knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving record.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
To be successful as an Area Relief Diesel Technician, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and effectively repair of any problems identified during an inspection.
- Perform proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Provide assistance, guidance and direction to other maintenance personnel.
- Use vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimate time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Advise supervisor immediately if additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Inspect the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
- Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance related work as required.
- As a area mechanic you'll, at times, supervise maintenance duties in the absence of your manager.
Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day
- You'll handle objects less than 30 pounds most of the day
- You'll be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often
- You'll be exposed to a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, "Apply” today!About WM
Waste Management (WM) is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website