Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
When you drive for WM, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
- Competitive Pay ( based on experience)
- $2,500 sign-on bonus
- Be home every night and weekend
- Industry-leading health insurance
- Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
- Paid vacation after 90 days
- Two weeks of off-site professional training
- 401(K) + company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employee Discount programs
- An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
Take a glimpse into the day-to-day of a WM Driver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ED8z3LYAdY
What Does It Take to be a Swing Driver? Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an air-brake endorsement.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities As a WM Swing Driver, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Operate truck in accordance with WM Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Pre- and post-trip inspections of your truck and document checks using the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Immediately report all unsafe situations or service related issues to your Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attend and participate in training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by WM or directed by your Route Manager.
- Communicate customer requests to your Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dump all receptacles and leave the customer's location clean and free of debris.
- Follow your route assignments and completes end of day documentation / check out process.
- Perform duties as scheduled by your Route Manager or Dispatch and assist other drivers to meet customer needs.
Work Environment Below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 50 pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
About WM Waste Management (WM) is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website