Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply @ careers.wm.com today to schedule interviews!
Residential CDL Drivers
Weekly Pay, Local Travel!
$16-$20/hr Based on relevant industry experience
Looking for a new career? Seeking a position where you can do local travel Do you enjoy doing work not just behind the wheel? Looking for a company that values safety first Are you tired of doing the same thing and looking for an opportunity to grow? If this sounds like you, Waste Management has the perfect match for you! Apply and check your email for a request to conduct your phone screen.
About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.What We Offer You
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, Recognition and Rewards and more! And we offer weekly paychecks! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
· Pay: $16 -$20/hr Based on relevant industry experience
· Full benefits!
Residential Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable material. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Drivers get in and out of the truck each stop to empty cans. This is a very physical position. Residential drivers are vital to our community and they are a neighborhood staple for residents. Being on time is essential and they are team oriented to ensure customers are serviced.
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday, 5 day work week with some rare Saturdays, early morning start at 6:15AM. Schedules are 10-12 hour work days. Overtime is allowed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer's location clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- All drivers will be on the back of the truck. This is not just a driving position
- Experience: 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with an air-brake endorsement.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Drivers will attend 2 weeks training in Florida
- Preferred experience driving a manual transmission
- Steady work history
- Waste or garbage industry experience a plus
- Delivery, merchant or route CDL driver experience a plus
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
- This position is physically located at the Waste Management site in Elgin, SC.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
“This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.”
Apply on company website