Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
$19.00/hourly + OT and Exceptional Benefits!
I. Job Summary
The Tractor Trailer Driver (Yard Driver) safely operates a tractor trailer to perform assigned duties within the yard.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or damage.
- Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all containers.
- Completes and submits tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
- Positions containers on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at yard each day.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: 1 year of experience within the last 7 years operating a vehicle requiring a commercial driver's license (CDL-A) or military equivalent.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Required: Commercial Drivers License A
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Acceptable driving record required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 100 pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website