Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Ensures that all tasks related to the project are performed safely and effectively. Gives direction to other site personnel, equipment operators, labors, etc. Operates heavy equipment as needed. Ensures that various housekeeping, cleaning and maintenance duties are performed.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Assigns day-to-day tasks to site personnel, equipment operators, labors, etc. Monitors work, leads and guides personnel.
- Operates heavy equipment as needed.
- Ensures proper execution of the Erosion and Control Plan.
- Completes and delivers reports to site Project Manager
- Works rotating shifts as necessary
- Assists Site PM in pre-planning job activities to ensure availability of materials and personnel.
- Completes the Corporate and Site Training Programs within the time frame prescribed.
- Anticipates typical problems, identifies potential or recurring problems and takes appropriate action. Troubleshoots equipment and assists in diagnosing problem areas.
- Follows standard safety procedures, corrects safety and environmental hazards, and reports to the Site PM immediately. Reads, understands applies information such as, lockout/tagout procedures, safety rules, job hazard analysis, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing; as well as two-way radio or face to face.
- Oversees general housekeeping duties in and around the plant, to ensure the safe, clean and efficient operation of the project site (i.e., cleaning floors, emptying garbage, removing debris, cleaning all equipment).
Perform job duties within prescribed standards. Lead, guide and direct 15-30 employees depending on size of project.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School or G.E.D (accredited)
- Experience: Ten (10) years of related experience or training (in addition to education requirement)
- Preferred Experience: Coal Combustion Residual Experience (CCR); Construction Management Background; Strong Supervisory skills; Working in Ponded Ash; Landfill Construction Experience; Dewatering; Earthwork Construction; Remediation Construction; Working with Utilities
- Pre-assignment and/or pre-hire customer-specific drug and/or alcohol testing may be required by certain customer-contract requirements. Such testing may include urinalysis, drug hair follicle testing and/or alcohol testing.
- Mechanical skills to perform equipment maintenance, minor repairs and general preventative maintenance
- Mechanical skills to recognize inconsistencies and hazards in the workplace
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects greater than 50 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: manual labor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website