Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.
I. Job Summary
Responsible for designing and creating extraction, transformation and data load functions leveraging Data Warehousing technologies. Delivers technical expertise in design, development, coding, testing and debugging data processes or significant enhancements to existing data processes. Conducts highly complex business process analysis and leads/participates in design sessions with architects in order to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and T-SQL, designing and tuning complex queries. Requirement analysis and understanding of DW/BI technical specification documents.
- Core data management skills including a background in data modeling, data warehousing, data integration, data mining and data quality
- Analyze and improve ETL framework and workflows, develop new packages, troubleshoot.
- Perform data analysis, profiling and testing. Test data transformations and validate data for target and source systems.
- Understanding of relational and dimensional E/R diagrams and data models.
- Assist in identifying and prioritizing business information needs and defining business benefit of data warehousing.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with reporting tools (Power BI/SSRS/Spotfire)
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education - BS Degree or equivalent required in Computer Science or similar area of study
- Experience: minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Intermediate knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
- Minimum 5 years of experience with SQL Server environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience in ETL and with MS BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SSMS).
- Previous experience with Devops
- Experience with reporting and data discovery tools such as SSRS, Spotfire (preferred), Power BI, Tableau for relational as well as multidimensional data sources.
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website