Expert Mechanic + the Leader in Solid Waste Industry = A Winning Team!
Sign on Bonus $2500 and Relocation Funds Available!
Don't miss out on this opportunity!
TOP Talent deserves TOP Pay
Pay Depends on Experience
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our Mechanics are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks.
We care about our Mechanic's safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our Mechanics and managers.
Reason to Join the WM Fleet Family:
1.) Exceptional benefits, (each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days, (benefits vary by site)
2.) Grow your skills with our paid ASE program, earn .25 more an hour with each ASE you obtain. Cost for the ASE is reimbursed.
3.) State of the art technical training (in house & with top fleet vendors)
4.) $250 tool allowance each quarter, company paid uniforms, PPE & boot allowance and more
5.) Nationwide growth opportunity and assured growth path: Technician – Sr. Technician – Lead Technician – Supervisor – Fleet Manager
Check us out TODAY and bring your technical expertise home!
2nd Shift, you will average 40+ hours a week, Monday to Friday and occasional Saturdays
Education and Experience
Education: Not required.
Experience: Two (2) years or more years of (class 8) heavy truck repair experience, to include airbrakes, hydraulics, electrical & diagnostics. ASE's and CDL a strong plus.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirement
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review. None required.
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website