Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
Develops and implements training for drivers, and performs assessments to ensure adherence to driving standards.
- Trains and coaches new and existing drivers on use of applicable tools, equipment, and in fundamental routing practices; transfers expertise to drivers.
- Develops and delivers training to new and existing drivers on OSHA, DOT, and Waste Management policies and driving standards.
- Trains and coaches the High Risk Employees / Repeaters Plan, ensuring aggressive, constructive intervention with employees immediately following first safety incident.
- Re-trains after accidents, near misses, and/or negative observations.
- Schedules and conducts Observation Behavior Assessments (OBA's) to evaluate driver knowledge, operating behaviors, and compliance with federal regulations.
- Follows-up observations with constructive coaching and retraining when deficiencies are observed.
- Conducts employee interviewing, testing, hiring and evaluation. Plans and conducts new employee orientation.
- Investigates, reviews and controls implementation of safety regulations and company policies and procedure and monitors for compliance.
- Assists investigations of accidents and emergency spills.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Required: High school diploma or G.E.D., Four years of previous experience and at least 1 year in a driver position.
Preferred: Associate Degree, Four years of previous experience and at least 1 year in a driver position.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Required: CDL (Commercial Drivers License).
The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Driving experience, driver training, and safety training may be required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) part of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds part of the work day; Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) part of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is office setting and/or on-route.
Normal setting for this job is office setting and/or on-route.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website