Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. Your patience and flexibility is appreciated as our process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal. Interview process and timing may be delayed and will vary by site.
Employee Screening & Compliance Specialist West Coast, Akron, Houston or Remote Office Location
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
The Employee Screening & Compliance Specialist is a key role in the Employee Background Check processes at Waste Management. Your PHR along with your 3 or more years of experience with managing employee data and reports, for multiple items will be critical to this role.
This position is located in Houston, Texas and reports to the Manager, Employment Programs. This position will travel up to 15% of the time.
- Primary contact for management of Company random testing programs (DOT, Energy Services, etc.)
- Supports the field in DQ file compliance issues
- Liaison between WM and Form I-9 in regard to compliance with all I-9 items for new hires or audits
- Review and grade first level background check issues on MVR's, Verification of Education / Employment and low level criminal activity
- Conducts follow up on vendor issues
- Provides support for acquisition activities
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
- Travel: Minimal 15%
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website