Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. Your patience and flexibility is appreciated as our process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal. Interview process and timing may be delayed and will vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Landfill Laborer + the Leader in the Waste Industry = A Winning Team!
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY? WE INVEST IN YOU!
We'll provide you with a competitive salary and a top-notch benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability. You can participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), a fantastic company match on 401K, and more! You'll also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
Location and Hours:Anderson, CA - Mon-Fri, 7am-4pm
Work Environment: Will be exposed to outside weather environments. Lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs.
Responsibilities: Preferred experience operating a water truck, roll off truck. This position will be trained on watering for dust control, sweeping roads, dumping onsite roll off bins and various odd jobs ranging from weedeating to picking up litter.
You will have:
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) part of the work day;
Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 55 pounds occasionally;
Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day; Works overtime as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned, including data entry and minor customer service responsibilities.
Approaches all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
Don't delay, Apply today!
I. Job Summary
Performs various tasks in a landfill including containing loose refuse to prevent scattering, and directing traffic at the landfill.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Manually picks up windblown paper from periphery of landfill. Carries a large plastic trash bag and walks along the fenced border of the landfill, as well as on exterior land adjacent to the public property. Pulls paper from the fence and lifts loose paper from the ground, depositing refuse in bag until full.
- Uses mobile vacuum to gather loose paper and refuse. Drives tractor pulling vacuum along the fenced border of the landfill, as well as on the exterior land adjacent to the public property. When destination is reached, parks and descends the tractor. Grasps the vacuum hose handle and guides to vacuum loose paper from the fence and ground. When the immediate area is vacuumed, ascends the tractor cab and drives forward. Parks and descends the cab, repeating the vacuum process as necessary. Repeats these steps, working around the outer edge of the landfill.
- During the summer months, when traffic at landfill is extraordinarily heavy, the laborer is stationed at the landfill entrance in a chair to direct the traffic. Directs the flow of trucks. Communicates with the drivers verbally or by hand signals.
- Lifts construction materials for projects related to site maintenance i.e., lumber, bags of concrete mix, hand tools, etc. Uses hand tools such as shovels, picks, axes and chain saws.
- Manually separates metal, white goods, lumber and cardboard from trash on tipping floor at landfills with transfer station.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education/ Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: No prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Licenses as required by Local, State, Federal, Environmental and/or Health/Safety Regulatory agencies.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website