Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary Provides a variety of advanced administrative and secretarial duties in support of Waste Management's government affairs department. Work assignments are complex in nature, and require considerable judgment, tact, creativity, and initiative to resolve problems. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Arrange travel and prepare expense reports for several department members.
- Assist office attorney(s) and government affairs professionals in creating documents, reports and presentations including PowerPoint, and legislation and regulatory tracking.
- Assist in managing and interfacing with the consultant who administers WM's Political Action Committee. Can include review of bank statements, processing of PAC check requests and preparing reports.
- Assist in managing the office which can include purchasing and stocking office supplies, scheduling and arranging meetings and arranging maintenance of office equipment.
- Assist in managing, implementing and keeping current both electronic and physical department files.
Preferred: Five years previous experience. B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements None required. C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel Knowledge of general office equipment Experience working with State and/or Federal government officials preferred V. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website