Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Provides highly advanced financial support and analysis to an assigned geography or location.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Monitors highly advanced key financial performance measures.
- Reports, analyzes, and interprets highly complex financial and operating data for the assigned area. Such reporting, analysis and interpretation may include cost analysis, market niche reporting, profitability analysis, regional geographic performance assessments, pricing analysis, cost-volume-profit analysis and any other ad-hoc analysis of interest to management
- Supports cost control initiatives within the assigned area.
- Conducts extensive pricing and profitability analyses.
- Provides assistance as needed in preparing budgets and reviews. Facilitates the preparation of budgets/forecasts for cost centers.
- Performs highly advanced financial projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Assists the corporate accounting function with matters related to the annual audit, contract audits and income tax matters, as required.
- Participates or leads the preparation and compilation of the annual financial plan. This includes division specific modeling, time-series analysis and graphic presentation of both operating and financial data to enhance management's ability to plan and monitor the key-success factors that management uses to track performance.
This job has no supervisory duties, but may occasionally act as a team lead.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree (accredited) in Accounting, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Five years of previous experience (in addition to education requirement).
- None required.
- None required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website