Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
The Vendor Payables Rep I is responsible for reconciliation of outstanding 3rd party supplier receivables and payments, in addition to performing analysis on pended invoices for charges unsupported by service agreement between Waste Management and 3rd party suppliers.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Performs analysis on outstanding vendor receivables inquiries by account via ticket queue and/or e-mails with records of non-paid invoices/charges
- Performs analysis of invoices received from 3rd party suppliers where charges of services rendered are not supported by service level and cost agreement
- Performs audit of pended invoices by researching ticket(s), spec detail, history, service request and compares to charges and services listed on 3rd party supplier invoices
- Compiles supporting documentation to and from 3rd party suppliers such as payment registry, Schedule-A, cancellation letters, hauler of record for non-payment disputes
- Validation of services rendered with 3rd party supplier via phone, e-mail and fax
- Records all researched and validated details in queue tickets and/or system fields required
- Performs audit of open short payments that result in a Closed or Settled status
- Release of approved supplemental payments to 3rd party suppliers
- Reconciliation of credit card and check payments request to 3rd party suppliers
- Submits non-paid invoices for reconciliation
- Records all researched and validated details in queue tickets and/or system required fields
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: 1 year of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize based on department and company standards
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Detail orientated and excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; intermediate level (pivot tables and v-lookups are standard practice)
- Excellent customer service skills are required
- Basic accounting knowledge and billing concepts; good math aptitude and ability to work accurately with numbers are essential.
- Internal candidate must be performing in an above average capacity in their current position, be an employee in good standing and have at least 12 months service in their current position.
- Knowledge of Waste Management services, policies and system interfaces a plus.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website