Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
This position performs technical reviews of environmental data, provides support to sales and operations personnel and customers, assures that our facilities do not accept hazardous waste or that poses a threat to human health or the environment, and performs other job-related duties as assigned.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Enforce site permit
- Enforce local, state, federal regulations
- Enforce company policy and procedures
- Communicate site policy to Sales, Customer Service and Customers
- Communicate potential Health, Safety, Operational and/or potential political issues regarding specific waste streams to Site and Market Area Management
- Communicate waste acceptance requirements to Sales, Customer Service and Customers
- Conduct Customer audits, facility inspections and tours
- Review disposal application packages
- Communicate issues identified in waste disposal application to Sales, Customer Service and Customers
- Approve disposal applications
- Interface with State Regulators and/or Local Officials
- Train Sales/Customer Service in all aspects of waste acceptance
- Assist with manifest and non-conforming load discrepancies
- Communicate with state agencies when significant load discrepancies are not resolved as required by permits
- Provide technical assistance to operations including disposal of site generated waste
- Assist with development of program procedures and guidance
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree (accredited) in Science, Engineering or related field, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 3 years of relevant work experience with environmental laboratory data (in addition to education requirement).
- Preferred Experience: 5 years of environmental regulatory experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Professional Certifications (CHMM) preferred
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Ability to analyze environmental laboratory data
MS Office Suite
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations required. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence required. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or employees of organization is required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers is required. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, circumference and volume is required.
Ability to prioritize and apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form is required. Ability to deal with and solve practical problems is required.
V. Work Environment and Essential Functions
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Apply on company website