SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Maintenance Manager plans, organizes and supervises the Division's maintenance staff and functions. This management position holds responsibly for overall fleet/equipment support and associated maintenance processes that include inspection, repair, pre/post servicing, vehicle distribution, quality assurance and disposal at the Division level. This manager will work in partnership with the Regional Maintenance Manager and Operations teams to ensure overall fleet condition, equipment reliability, safety and cost effective fleet performance.
1. Manages departmental hiring, training, coaching, performance management, discipline, scheduling of work assignments, and overtime authorization.
2. Maintains an ongoing preventive/corrective maintenance program which sets the standard for service excellence.
3. Reviews status reports including road calls, breakdowns, parts inventory, repairs, and safety performance.
4. Provides hands-on maintenance assistance as needed.
5. Education of driver responsibilities as it relates to DVIR's, operation of fleet vehicles, and basic CDL requirements.
6. Assures all maintenance-related data is available for input in the vehicle maintenance system.
7. Monitor Dossier efficiencies to include inventory control, goals for improved performance, monitoring, measuring and reporting.
8. Assists in purchasing of new vehicles, equipment, tools and containers.
9. Responsible for establishing maintenance related training sessions that improve overall fleet condition and operational knowledge of drivers, mechanics, and shop personnel.
10. Administer and monitor regional adherence to federal and state programs, and oversees maintenance in accordance with EPA and other mandatory regulations.
11. Verifies implementations of required DOT, OSHA, EPA regulations and monitors conformance as required on an ongoing basis. Coordinate efforts with local Safety, Corporate Safety and Regional Maintenance Manager.
12. Ensuring efficient utilization, vehicle maintenance quality, and transportation to ready-lines.
13. Fleet inventory/condition reporting, including out of service listing, matched to asset list.
14. Manages divisional maintenance budgets.
15. Responsible for implementation/monitoring of all fleet maintenance activities (e.g.Pre/Post pre-trip, safety lane, warranty recovery, tire standards, oil/lubricants, major component failure, and all new initiatives).
16. Facilitate movement of equipment between division ensuring proper inspections and delivery of equipment in ready condition.
17. Evaluate body damage estimates as it relates to maintenance and fleet functions; manages cost controls and enhances vendor service.
18. Evaluate equipment performance and recommend modifications and/or alternate vendors based on maintenance/costing information.
19. Analyze service issues related to fleet maintenance and performs root cause analysis, recommends remediation methodologies and escalates as needed to address issues.
20. Assists in purchase of
21. Supports efforts to create useful metrics and performance (on-line/off-line) diagnostic reporting tools (e.g. machinery dynamics) to support fleet quality trending and fleet maintenance performance.
*Essential Functions-The statements above are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental/work demands of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, driving, reaching etc.);
* May on occasion be required to exert physical effort involving lifting/moving objects that may weigh 20 pounds, stooping, reaching, carrying and pushing;
* Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, bruises, exposure to machinery/heavy equipment, etc.);
* Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements;
* Normal setting for this job is carried out in office, field and maintenance facilities.
Apply on company website