Located within five hours (300 miles) of 25 percent of the U.S. population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in North America, three-times voted “Best NASCAR Track” by readers of USA Today. The Glen hosts a diverse portfolio of premier sports car, open wheel and stock car races throughout the year.Position Purpose Fulfill a leadership role within the company by assessing various operational requirements for successful event execution and delivering same. Contribute to a superior guest experience by directing the development, implementation and evaluation of systems and processes for facility event activity pertaining to WGI Security Department. Company Conformance Statements In performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Fulfill functions with established budgets.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Carry out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Scheduling of seasonal full and part-time security personnel
- Supervision of seasonal full and part-time security personnel
- Coordination of activities with other departments and outside agencies
- Training of security personnel
- Oversee the inventory and maintenance of department assets including vehicles and radios
- Assist in the development of plans for events
- Traffic planning for major events
- Schedule of third party security companies
- Supervision of third party security companies
- Schedule any third party security request from vendors including invoice & collecting for scheduled security man-hours.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Responsible for the development and containment of annual operating budgets for the security department.
- Maintain a close relationship with all local, county, state and federal authorities for event support.
- Ensure appropriate training for security personnel on basic first aid and CPR
- Monitor incident reports and effective handling of the investigation process.
- Conduct bi-annual evaluations of full-time security personnel and development an action plan.
- Delivery of services within budget.
- Timeliness of delivery of services.
- Completion and fulfillment of assigned projects.
- GEM Survey results.
- Employee Engagement Survey results.
- Proper adherence to legal and risk management policies.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
Apply on company website