About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website.
The Enterprise Technology Infrastructure (ETI) team is responsible for enterprise-wide infrastructure services across the global footprint, including networking, production services, storage, data centers, mainframe, midrange and Cloud-based systems, distributed systems, and international infrastructure.
About The Role
The successful candidate will play a critical role as data scientist who applies advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems, conducts advanced data analysis and highly complex designs algorithm, and analyzes and interprets data from various sources mainly to monitor and proactively manage the compliant state of Wells Fargo Technology Infrastructure Core Engineering asset classes including Distributed Servers, Storage, Mainframe, Midrange, Database, Network and Data Center.
Solves complex business & strategic problems using advanced analytical and statistical techniques.
Responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence / big data /data science applications.
Compiles reports, charts, and tables based on established statistical methods. Ensures that the use of business intelligence / big data / data science applications enhances business decision making capabilities
Collaborates across the organization to develop solutions that drive business outcomes.
Adding business intelligence reporting capability to create actionable reports and notification tools that can be leveraged by various infrastructure teams to manage the compliance of the enterprise and accurately monitor and reflect compliance / non-compliance status at the asset level
Developing and implementing data attribute quality controls
Assuring quality, security, and compliance requirements are met
6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
3+ years of experience in advanced statistical models, machine learning or a combination of both
3+ years of experience tracking data, compiling/mining data from multiple cross business sources, or a combination of both
2+ years of Big Data experience
2+ years of Microsoft office suite experience such as PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word
1 + year of experience developing reports within User Interface application
Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
2 + years of statistical modeling experience using the R programming language
Knowledge and understanding of Agile
Experience with user centered design principles
Knowledge and understanding of user life cycle and usability concepts
Knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance (QA) methods: unit, load, system, user acceptance, and regression
Market Skills and Certifications
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2 + years of statistical modeling experience using the R programming language
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile
- Experience with user centered design principles
- Knowledge and understanding of user life cycle and usability concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance (QA) methods: unit, load, system, user acceptance, and regression
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: user acceptance testing including: planning, strategy, script creation, and execution
- Ability to gather end-user requirements regarding reporting needs
- API programming experience with Perl, XML, REST or JSON
- Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation: development
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to identify root-cause issues/improvement opportunities, and design approaches/programs/products to improve overall quality assurance
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database concepts, querying, data warehousing, ETL process, requirements gathering and/or decision support tools
- Knowledge and understanding of operational risk management or compliance methods
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Apply on company website