Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wells Fargo Securities Broker Dealer Operations team, is responsible for the timely and accurate affirmation & confirmation, clearance & settlement, corporate actions and general support for securities processing. The group is accountable for managing and controlling high levels of risk and liability inherent with securities processing. It is imperative the team provide outstanding service and create an environment that maintains its focus on serving our clients and key business partners while constantly looking for ways to improve efficiency. The group processes numerous exception driven events which include but are not limited to fail management, reconciliations, buy-ins, fixed income & equity settlements, repo settlements, stock loan support, prime brokerage support, re-alignment services, corporate action processing, 144A/RegS exchanges, ADR conversions, security and cash position breaks and asset segregation processing.
The Operations Manager will provide leadership, decision making and strategic support for the Wells Fargo Securities Broker Dealer Operations team. The manager will oversee the day-to-day production environment of the operations team. The manager will also be exposed project management and reporting, assisting with the building of infrastructure for various special products and processing systems. They will ensure regulatory compliance with security transactions across multiple legal entities. Coordinate with front office sales, trading, legal, documentation, compliance, finance, technology, external vendors and various other operational groups. Responsible for leading and managing human capital, including the selection process with a focus on creating a diverse work force, performance management and evaluation, human capital development and retention, promotion, salary and incentive administration. Responsible for managing large scale projects which may include technology & process reengineering and transformational change. Consistently demonstrate core values of Wells Fargo and ensure that they are reinforced throughout the department.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 4+ years of capital markets industry experience; or 4+ years of military experience
- 8+ years of operations experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of loan, securities, and derivative products
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 4+ years of management experience in an operations environment
- 4+ years of management experience, including leading teams through changes to support the overall strategy of the organization. This also includes ability the train, monitor, develop and mentor staff
- Must have a good understanding of capital markets products, industry trends, regulatory changes and industry-wide best practices
- Proven ability to lead projects/initiatives supporting a variety of product areas with high risk and complexity
- Ability to identify and implement change. Including process efficiencies, team re-alignment and offshore process management
- Experience working with global custodians, depositories, agents and brokers to ensure timely and accurate processing of events to client accounts and to appropriately manage risk
- Strong industry working relationships
- MIS presentation and report writing experience
- Understanding or Broadridge products include but are not limited to GLOSS, IMPACT and BPS
- Understanding of corporate action processing and the risks associated with voluntary elections and liability management
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Apply on company website