Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
Manages projects as directed by the CIO or Director of IT &Healthcare Informatics. Coordinates planning activities in order to achieve defined outcomes. Demonstrates the ability to develop the project. Monitors the execution of the project. Conducts a project close.
1. Manages projects as directed by the CIO or Director of IT & Healthcare Informatics.
o Works with the CIO or Director of IT & Healthcare Informatics to understand and execute contracts or agreements on assigned projects.
o Works with assigned external consultants in a professional and courteous manner.
o Utilizes appropriated documentation and tools in support of the project as outlined in the PM Documentation Requirements document.
o Oversees the activities of the project team members providing leadership, direction and support.
2. Develops project teams in order to achieve positive outcomes.
o Performs a stakeholder analysis facilitating team makeup.
o Assists in identifying project team member's roles and responsibilities.
o Facilitates the development of project scope, goals and objectives.
o Facilitates the identification of measurable critical success factors
o Conducts a risk assessment
o Works closely with project sponsor/champion to develop scope of project and goals.
3. Demonstrates the ability to develop the project.
o Develops an implementation work plan if one is not available from the vendor using appropriate tools.
o Demonstrates the ability to utilize Microsoft Project and pmPoint to build and maintain up to date project work plans.
o Facilitates identification of project tasks required for completion of the implementation.
o Updates work plans, clearly identifying task owners and completion time-frames.
4. Monitors the execution of the project.
o Schedules and conducts regular project status meetings
o Completes meeting agendas and minutes in a format consistent with hospital policy.
o Distributes meeting agendas and minutes three business days prior to a scheduled meeting.
o Starts and ends meetings on time.
o Keeps meetings on track as outlined in the meeting agenda.
o Utilizes Outlook appointment requests to schedule team meetings and request conference room resources.
o Coordinates with team members to perform regular status updates of tasks due or outstanding items.
o Manages risk as they relate to the project.
o Manages project issues, questions and concerns change requests.
o Coordinates activities surrounding Go Live events.
5. Conducts project close
o Transfers responsibility of outstanding items to the appropriate team members for follow-up.
o Conducts a project evaluation with project team members to identify "lessons learned".
o Shares project evaluation information with the CIO or Director of IT & Healthcare Informatics for purposes of process improvement.
Experience Minimum Required
• Three to five years of project management experience or equivalent in a complex environment.
• Six plus years of project management experience or equivalent in a complex environment.
Experience with Siemens applications in a healthcare environment.
Education Minimum Required
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science or Healthcare related area.
• In lieu of formal degree, 3-5 years of formal project management required.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or Computer Information Systems.
Training Minimum Required
• Project Management Training.
Technical training and/or certification.
• Training Preferred/Desired
• Project management training or PMP Certification LSS Green Belt or related raining/certification.
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Ability to operate a computer, organize time and establish priorities, work with varying levels of staff, and work with variety of computer software programs (ex.Windows, Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint and other Office products.)
Apply on company website