Under direct supervision, process all purchase orders as requisitioned, approved and in accordance with company purchasing policies and procedures. Ability to works with vendors to determine acceptable pricing and delivery of purchased parts and materials.
This position does not have formal supervisory responsibilities over other employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Competitively bid and purchase parts, materials, services and equipment at the best value for Westmoreland. Establish purchase agreements to establish best price and availabilities for parts and materials.
- Work with warehouse personnel on stocking and receiving problems. Develop relationships with stakeholders on locating items and information needed to accomplish duties if applicable based upon contract arrangement.
- Inventory control experience preferred.
- Continually seek out new updated parts, materials and methods that may improve productivity and/or minimize costs and provide feedback to operations and maintenance personnel.
- Review stock orders and direct orders for purchase and assign items for purchase to other buyers.
- Work with warehouse personnel to resolve shipping and receiving problems.
- Work with accounts payable to resolve invoicing problems.
- Perform related work as required.
Typical Physical Demands
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires constant data input for extended periods of time without leaving the work area. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires mobility sufficient to travel.
Typical Working Conditions
Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Licenses, Registration, and Certifications
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Conflict Management
- Accounting Skills
Apply on company website