Are you looking for a change of pace from the big city?
Work and live in beautiful, peaceful Southern Saskatchewan. A perfect location allowing you to take advantage of day trips to the United States, nearby cities and to explore the numerous local natural and historic sites. There are many affordable communities nearby Poplar River, with schools and other amenities for you and your family. With economical housing and fun adventures at your doorstep, you can enjoy a fulfilling life and accomplish your goals with greater ease by choosing to work and live in Southern Saskatchewan.
At Poplar River, our employees are our most important assets.
As the winner of the 2018 John T. Ryan award for lowest reportable injuries in Canada, you can be sure that we truly care about the safety of our team, working hard so everyone goes home safely each day. Safety is a team effort and we are looking to welcome more team members who share our passion for safety.
We strive to create a work/life balance for our employees by making schedules that allow you to spend quality time with friends and family, and to pursue other hobbies and interests. We provide competitive compensation with excellent family benefits, pension, opportunities for professional advancement, and more. Find out why our employees choose to work and grow at Poplar River.
We currently have an opening at Westmoreland Mining LLC Holdings, Poplar River Mine, for a permanent full-time Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic. If you are looking for a challenging yet rewarding career in the Mining industry with the opportunity to work on a variety of equipment including trucks, heavy mobile equipment, mining equipment, and rail locomotive, we would like to hear from you!
Typical, but not inclusive, duties are as follows:
- Diagnose malfunctions and to carry out planned and period safety and preventative maintenance inspections and servicing;
- Repair gasoline and diesel engines, transmissions, differentials, planetary drives, and any hydraulic and air actuated equipment, etc.;
- Repair track and align wheels and frames , replace brake linings, perform motor tune-ups, repair and replace vehicle electrical apparatus and accessories, railroad equipment when applicable;
- Set up hoisting equipment and facilities for the instillation and/or removal of heavy attachments;
- Inspect and test repaired equipment or ensure safe and efficient operation and assist in the investigation of accidents that may be attributable to mechanical defects;
- Requisition parts and supplies to maintain service and repair;
- Record and report man-hours and materials user, troubles, encounters, and corrective measures taken;
- Provide training to apprentices and work direction to assigned helpers;
- Perform other related and assigned duties as required.
- Saskatchewan or Interprovincial Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate
- Valid Class 3A Driver's License
- Must be able to work rotating shifts and weekends
- Successfully complete a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Ability to perform all duties and activities in a manner which conforms to mine safety requirements.
Apply on company website