Westmoreland Mining currently has a position available for a permanent, full-time Jr. Environmental Planner at the Estevan Mine. Reporting to the Sr. Environmental Planner, this position will be required to assist the Sr. Environmental Planner to ensure compliance with mine site environmental requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Responsible for conducting weekly and monthly environmental inspections
- Compilation of data for mine site and Ministry of Environment including excel spreadsheets, AutoCad drawings, word documents and presentations as required
- Site support on daily operations Environmental compliance
- Site support to the mine planning group
- Assist in strategizing, developing, and managing planning processes
- Experience or familiarity with provincial and federal Environmental legislation
- Monitor water treatment plant and order supplies as required
- Conduct water quality sampling throughout the mine site and ship samples for laboratory analysis
- Oversee environmental contractors on site and communicate back to Sr. Planner
- Review and interpret maps, aerial photos, data, and field investigation reports
- Assist in the coordination and execution of technical studies throughout the mine site in support of regulatory requirements
- Assist with preparation of information and data for various projects and/or regulatory requirements
- Perform related work as required
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a University/Technical degree or diploma in an environmental or agricultural field with related experience. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of safety and health practices and procedures.
- Fluency with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access)
- Be able to set objectives which are realistic but aggressive.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Skills with computer drafting software, data manipulation and presentations considered an asset
- Adapt effectively to tight deadlines, heavy workloads and sudden or frequent changes in priority in order to accomplish objectives.
- Be a highly motivated self-starter, possessing good interpersonal and organizational skills in a team environment.
Apply on company website