Successful candidates eligible for $5000 sign on bonus.
A sign-on bonus in the form of a one-time taxable lump sum payment of $5,000. Details to be discussed with Westmoreland San Juan Mining LLC Human Resources Department upon hire.
Underground Miner Electrician will repair and perform preventative maintenance activities on various types of underground mining equipment. This position is also responsible for working in a safe and environmentally responsible manner ensuring maintenance activities are carried out to a high standard on working within established company policies and procedures.
This position does not have formal supervisory responsibilities over other employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine safety inspections of work areas and equipment prior to the commencement of work; report and correct all hazards conditions found.
- Perform maintenance activities of underground mining equipment and all associated equipment for the mine operation; execute assigned work to established standards and improve plans and work instructions as needed.
- Monitor condition and performance of equipment during operations, understand and use the lock-out and tag-out procedures according to policy when necessary.
- Document work progress on work-orders and enter pertinent information into maintenance management system.
- Must be available to regularly work a 10-hour rotating day/swing shift or night shift (San Juan Mine Site).
- Perform related work as required.
Typical Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, and is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in the underground mine. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, and is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Typical Working Conditions
Ability to work in a variety of conditions and environments, including the underground and surface areas of an underground mine, as well as the ability to lift, carry and move various types of tools, equipment and supplies repetitively required. Must be aware of hazards and risks involved in the mining environment and demonstrate a pattern of conduct consistent with the acceptance of responsibility for encouraging a safe work environment.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED or completion of a formal vocational, apprenticeship, or technical training program preferred.
- Minimum 2 years or related work experience which includes experience as an underground mechanic, heavy equipment mechanic or electrician.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Licenses, Registration, and Certifications
- MSHA electrical certification required.
Apply on company website