Westmoreland Mining LLC is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Health and Safety Manager for our Coal Valley Mine located in Edson, AB. In this busy senior role, you will leverage your years of experience working the mining industry as a safety manager. This role will require you to lead all safety practices and procedures across the 81 sq km mine site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the site Safety team
- Conduct Hazard Assessments, through task analysis, physical demands analysis, risk assessments and workplace inspections; Recommend and/or implement corrective action
- Contribute to the creation of and/or maintenance of instructional documents, such as SOP, work procedures and training documents
- Deliver safety training to managers, supervisors, employees, and new hires, as determined by policy and programs
- Performs audits of operational areas and help drive organization toward best practices
- Partners with operations leadership in an effort to deliver an environment with the goal of ZERO incidents
- Analyzes operations to evaluate safety performance to determine areas of improvement or necessitated policy change.
- Ensure that the activities of the joint occupational health and safety committee(s) are followed in governance with applicable laws
- Conduct gap analysis of safety programs through internal audits; developing and implementing a plan to address and remedy non-conformance issues
- Lead and/or conduct incident and accident investigations
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- 7-10 years minimum industry and 3-5 years management experience
- Educational background In Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental Studies and/or CRSP designation or equivalent experience,
- A collaborative team player with excellent communication, ability to influence and provide leadership skills.
- Must have a passion for influencing culture while taking a hands-on “in the field” approach to influencing our business and building on the strong safety commitment and culture.
- Must have the ability to identify areas for improvement and implement systems, policies and procedures.
- Must have a strong ability to organize, analyses, interpret and take sustainable corrective action.
- Must possess advance skills and knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook programs
Apply on company website