Carries out all survey requirements for the mine along with completion of all related reports within the statutory requirements of the Mine Regulations, Environmental Regulations and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain all primary and secondary survey control using established survey practices and in compliance with OHS and Environmental regulations.
- Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly production survey requirements are met.
- Design and stake blast patterns.
- Provide survey services for exploration and construction programs and other special projects as required.
- Research, develop, and implement new survey technologies and revise existing practices to ensure accurate surveys, calculations and plans.
- Provide drafting services for survey and engineering drawings.
- Assist Engineering personnel with pit design layout calculations for major stripping equipment.
- Complete quarterly stockpile surveys.
- Ensure month end and year end surveys and calculations are carried out and complete all required reports.
- Maintain all required survey files.
- Ensure required survey supplies are kept on hand.
- Provide for proper maintenance of all survey equipment.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities, as required, in response to changing circumstances, and the physical and economic environment of the Mine and the Company.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Formal training and experience in survey methodology and practices equivalent to a two-year degree.
- Three to five years of progressive experience in fundamental surveying practices and principles.
- Proficient with MS Office programs.
- Experience with GPS surveying systems and instruments.
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar software.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to drive a vehicle in an alert and safe manner.
Apply on company website