Spectrum Retirement Communities is considered a leader and innovator in senior living. SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit.
The Manager of Memory Care is responsible for the daily operations of the Spectrum Memory Care Program at the community level, including implementation, coordination and managing daily operations and staff. The Manager of Memory Care reports to the Director of Nursing and works collaboratively with the corporate headquarters Sr. Director of Memory Care to ensure corporate programming and quality improvement initiatives are operationalized and effective.
Shift Details: Includes on-call schedule.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- This position reports to the Director of Nursing
- Memory Care Resident Assistants will report to the Manager, Memory Care
- In conjunction with the Director of Nursing and other community leaders as appropriate, recruit, select, supervise, mentor, appraise, educate and counsel memory care team members according to Spectrum policies and procedures
- Implement, coordinate, manage and monitor resident-centered dementia care based on Spectrum's Memory Care Program and quality improvement initiatives
- Provide nursing care to residents, including but not limited to: Completion of health assessments, completion of resident Care Plans and reviewing them with resident family members and/or Power of Attorney, discussing changes in resident condition with physicians, introduce interventions to reduce falls based on individual resident needs, etc. Also provide medication administration and help with resident care, as needed.
- Ensure 7-day per week activity programming appropriate for individuals with memory impairment
- Accountable for timely assessments and accurate care plans in the electronic health record, plus communication with Business Office Manager any additional cares given for accurate billing
- Facilitate dementia training for memory care team members as well as other community team members as necessary and as applicable based on Spectrum Memory Care Program, policies and procedures
- Direct resident well-being according to State regulations to ensure appropriate and acceptable standards of care and adequate staffing
- In collaboration with Director of Nursing, coordinate, complete, and/or review data reports and queries in compliance with Spectrum's Resident Care Quality & Analytics program and protocols
- Ensure effective family council meetings and support groups for family members and other community participants
- Maintain networks with external organizations that specialize in memory impairment issues to stay up-to-date on current trends in research, treatment and evidence-based best practices
- Must be able to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, and move frequently during working hours
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. floor to waist, lift 10 lbs. waist to shoulder, lift and carry 40 lbs., and push/pull 40 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents
- Must be medically able and willing to wear a NIOSH-approved tight-fitting respirator (N95 mask), if required by and in accordance with federal or state regulations or Spectrum policy.
Team Member Expectations:
- Preserve and protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of all medical records, proprietary and other confidential information relating to Spectrum Retirement, its residents, Team Members, activities and affiliates, in accordance with all applicable laws and Spectrum policy
- Promote Spectrum in a positive manner and lead by example, modeling our core values in everyday behavior
- Understand how to approach and communicate with all residents including those who are cognitively impaired
- Treat residents, family members and other team members with dignity and respect while responding to their needs
- Maintain and sustain a safe community and workplace
- Follow Spectrum's Policies, Procedures, Protocols and Manuals
- Accept other duties as assigned
- Educational Requirements and Licensure Requirements:
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse preferred
- Caregiver certifications beneficial to the community may be considered
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing, Social Work, Psychology, or Gerontology preferred
- 1-2 years of experience providing care for persons with dementia preferred, or experience taking care of neuro-impaired or neuro-psychiatric patients in an acute or long-term care setting
- 1-2 years management experience highly preferred
- Strong background in patient care assessment, assessing residents' behavioral symptoms and developing non-pharmacologic approaches to meeting residents' needs
- Ability to relate in a professional and positive manner with all community staff and the community at large
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with employees at all levels of the community and corporation
- For Illinois: Bachelor's degree with documented course work in dementia care, plus one year of experience working with individuals with dementia; or at least two years' management experience with individuals with dementia
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401(K); PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs.
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC and its affiliated companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.
Apply on company website