As a member of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team, the Nurse works under the general direction of the Medical Director and/or attending physician in the provisions of skilled nursing assessments, planning and coordination of services. This is done in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families.
· Current Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) License
· CPR Certification
· Strong Problem-Solving Skills
· Excellent Customer Service Skills
· Ohio driver's license, current auto insurance and access to a car during working hours
· Home Health experience with terminally ill patients,1 year hospice and med surg preferred
· Demonstrate flexibility, excellent assessment skills, and ability to supervise others and the confidence to work independently
· Applies nursing principles and techniques in the treatment of patients.
· Provide nursing care, emotional support and education to patient/family/caregiver
· Assesses all aspects of the patient's pain and comfort care needs and develops an individualized pain management plan; anticipating, preventing and treating undesirable symptoms or secondary symptoms
· Documents problems, nursing assessments, appropriate goals, care provided, care interventions and patient and family outcomes achieved from intervention and care provided
· Maintains the dignity of the dying patient, supporting the patient's and family's unique spiritual and cultural beliefs
· Understanding of dying process and interventions for management of symptoms
· Basic knowledge of disease processes
· Initiates communications with attending physicians, other hospice team members and agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family
· Obtains data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may influence patient/family health status and communicate that data in team meetings to formulate an Interdisciplinary plan of care
· Attends and participates in daily report, team meetings, briefings, in-services, department and staff meetings and other related activities
· Provide appropriate support at the time of death and period of bereavement
· Participate in orientation and in-service training programs for Jewish Community Hospice staff.
· Checks temperature of medication refrigerator and logs results daily
· Documents all patient contacts
· Communicates on a regular basis with physicians, staff and volunteers regarding patient status to coordinate and ensure high quality care
· Works effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment
· Carries out duties and responsibilities of position in a manner than exemplifies excellent customer service
· Demonstrates a positive attitude and working relationship with staff members and others.
· Answers patient's call bell within three rings
· Maintains strict confidentiality of patient/family/caregiver information
· Adheres to all policies, procedures and regulations regarding patient care, conduct, safety, fire, security and risk management
· Responsible for the case management of the patient, including the supervision of all resident assistants
· Follows the guidelines for universal precautions when providing patient care
WHV prides itself on providing each team member with the support and tools they need to feel connected, cared for, and fulfilled as well.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Current Ohio registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Must be CPR/First Aid Certification
- Must follow all policies and regulations of Wexner Heritage Village.
- Position requires sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and moving during work hours.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Apply on company website