At Wexner Heritage Village, our team members provide exceptional, compassionate care to ensure our patients live their fullest and most purposeful lives. It is more than our job. It is our privilege.
Our belief and commitment to the idea of living a full and purposeful life extends beyond those we care for. We also do our best to provide our team members with the support and tools they need to feel connected, cared for, and fulfilled as well.
The primary purpose of the STNA position is to provide direct nursing care and nursing-related services to residents in our long-term care facility. Nursing and nursing-related services include attending to the personal care needs of the residents and providing personal assistance and activities delegated by a nurse. STNAs must be committed to the Patient Centered Care Model.
- Demonstrate respect for resident's rights, promote resident's independence
- Perform basic personal care skills and basic nursing skills including: taking and recording vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, bathing, mouth care, grooming, dressing, care of hearing aids, teeth, toileting, assisting with eating and drinking, skin care, turning, positioning, body mechanics, assist in ambulation, Bed making and cleanliness of resident rooms
- Proper use of safety restraints and gait belts, Perennial care, and Care of the dying resident
- Understand how to practice Universal Precautions and perform the Heimlich Maneuver
- Accident prevention in resident rooms, on unit and in other areas of the facility
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of: Fire safety and plan, Tornado safety and plan and Bomb threat plan. Along with General evacuation plan
- Explain the use of the call light to resident and family and Answers emergency lights promptly.
- Demonstrate respectful communication to resident, family, co-workers and knowledge of when to refer questions to the nurse.
- Promptly report any resident or employee accident immediately to the Charge Nurse.
- Participate in stocking inventory and cleaning tasks as directed.
- Initiate, coordinate, and/or participate in Continuous Quality Improvement efforts through identification, review, and/or team participation through own initiative and/or as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Charge/Staff Nurse, Unit Director, Shift Supervisor and/or the Nursing Administrative Team.
- Deliver care in accordance with accepted standards of practice, facility and departmental policies, procedures, mission and vision.
- Ensure that Resident's Rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to wage a complaint are well established and maintained at all times
- Assist in identifying common recurrent resident problems and reports it to Charge Nurse.
- Exemplifies and role models a positive customer service behavior, loyalty, punctuality, commitment and effective coping behaviors.
- Has input into the development of monthly activities calendar.
- Regularly greet residents by name in a friendly manner.
- Use positive body language as a means of communicating with residents (i.e. smile, gentle touch, peaking from the front, appropriate tone of voice and at eye level during each interaction). Deliver and receive feedback to others in a respectful manner. Use positive facial expressions and effective body language when talking to peers.
- Must be certified as state tested nursing assistant by the State of Ohio
Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable manner and be able to follow verbal directives.
Must possess the ability to manage resident behaviors by redirection and/or activity based interventions. Must also be able to deal tactfully with personnel, family members, visitors, governmental agencies, and the general public.
Must hold confidential all information entrusted to you by the resident, resident's family, or by nursing facility supervisor.
Must be willing to work on weekends and in other positions temporarily, or on other units when necessary
Apply on company website