Provide secretary duties and acts as receptionist while scheduling and assisting in processing of patients. Assist with patient preparation and general organization of the department. Provide service to the age groups pediatric through geriatric.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: Varies - 6:45 AM to 6 PM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Makes and assessment of and determines scheduling and billing needs of assigned patients. The patient population would include the following age groups: a) the pediatric patient, b) the adolescent patient, c) the young-middle age adult patient, and d) the geriatric patient.
PATIENT CARE AND CUSTOMER FOCUS
1. Demonstrates a high priority towards serving internal and external customer in a courteous and timely manner
2. Demonstrates polite cooperative, and respectful behavior
Creates an environment where persons feel welcome and included
3. Shows respect, empathy, and consideration for everyone and treats them with tolerance and dignity
4. Answers the phone promptly and friendly
5. Maintains complete file on each patient
6. Actively assists in maintaining an up to date patient record
7. Maintains a neat and orderly office area
8. Maintains adequate supply of forms, instructional materials, paper supplies, general supplies needed in department with assist of technicians and other rehab staff
9. Provides typing as deemed necessary
10. Monitoring and submitting of daily and monthly patient billing
11. Acts as a receptionist
12. Adapts readily to fluctuation in patient volume
1. Communication with supervisor appropriate training needs
2. Communicates with other support personnel and licensed staff
3. Maintains flow of communication including problems and concerns to appropriate supervisor and other personnel when appropriate
4. Communicates clearly with patient based on age and their cognitive level
5. Communicates with physician's offices in a polite and professional manner
6. Notifies staff of patient arrival
7. Protects privacy of the patient
PERSONAL APPEARANCE AND CONDUCT
1. Attends department meeting and other organizational meetings
3. Keeps self looking professional and follows department dress code
4. Flexible in work practices and works as a team to accomplish tasks
5. Contributes ideas for improvement in department processes
6. Exercise personal control, persistence and takes the initiative with the correct assistance to make necessary changes
7. Uses analytical thinking to problem solve
1. Documentation is concise and accurate
2. Documentation is legible and neat
3. Documentation is timelyEDUCATION AND JOB TRAINING
Has on job training and successfully passed competency testing that demonstrates his/her ability to perform the task correctly and safely.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be make to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos. Exhibits ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Apply on company website