Primary responsibility is to perform maintenance functions in the communities, including office buildings, residential areas, grounds and parking lots in accordance with time, budget and quality expectations. Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and associated mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary systems and equipment. Ensuring all services is performed safely and results in favorable customer feedback.
- Provides general maintenance, cleaning and repair for the community.
- Duties include, but, are not limited to, cleaning, painting, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn care, snow-removal, replacement of lights, plumbing, electrical work, roof repairs, HVAC system maintenance, appliance evaluation and repair, relocation of furniture/fixtures, etc.
- Responds to all resident request service calls as directed by the Superintendent.
- Transports electrical and gas appliances to the units, as required.
- Regularly assess the property for safety and loss prevention.
- Repairs and fabricates window and door screens, and frames.
- Removes and repairs damaged drywall, floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood as directed.
- Safely operates power blowers or brooms to remove leaves and debris from sidewalks, and driveways.
- Provide outstanding customer service in accordance with company's Guiding Principles.
- When assigned by the Superintendent, schedule and oversee that all vendor work is completed properly.
- Available to respond to emergency maintenance repairs, after normal working hours, and able to respond back to the property within 30 minutes of receiving notification.
- When required, be available to respond to weather and environmental related emergencies, such as snow storms, hurricanes, tornados, floods, and fires.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all residents, families, visitors, vendors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 to 3 years trade experience, formal, apprentice, or work related training. Multi-family community maintenance experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record.
- Comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with organization staff, clients and visitors.
With 3,000 team members working across 500+ locations in 22 states and D.C., WinnCompanies is the #1 manager of affordable housing and a leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
Operations, sales, compliance, maintenance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting and finance. No matter your passion, your work at Winn will impact people who are more than just residents to us. They're individuals, families and heroes.
Watch this short video for a sneak peek at what it's like to work at WinnCompanies.
Apply on company website