WinnCompanies is searching for a Management Trainee to join our team in Cambridge, MA. The Management Trainee is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with the operation of the property and for providing administrative support to the Property Manager. The purpose of this position is to provide a means for the incumbent to learn how to manage a property effectively and successfully.
- Answers the telephone in the management office in a pleasant and effective way.
- Sorts and distributes all incoming mail.
- Utilize property management system to produce the company's required reports, and other automated systems to generate Invoice Cover Sheets, work orders, and file copies of material to be saved.
- Utilizes property management system to correct reports
- Provides applications to potential residents, ensures that the applications are prepared properly, provides them to the Property Manager, and tracks all follow up documents (e.g., receipt required by some agencies).
- Ensures that a credit report is obtained for each applicant.
- Prepares leases for applicants, and provides applicants with other material which will orient them to the property.
- Files and copies reports, memos, mail, and letters as needed.
- Collects rent from the residents and post payment
- Updates resident information including such changes in status as move-ins, move-outs, and new rental rates.
- Monitors residential rent collection via the 02 Report, and update the Property Manager.
- Prepares and makes bank deposits on a daily basis
- Manage recertification process and conducting the recertification interviews with residents.
- Reviews each voucher prior to its submission to the appropriate agency in order to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Maintenance of the wait-list in accordance with agency requirements, and in a manner which is organized for easy referral.
- Participation in the Leasing and Renewal Programs.
- Performs special projects to enhance the marketing of the property, such as conducting resident impact studies concerning scheduled or contemplated rent increases.
- High school degree is a must; college degree is preferred but not required.
- Prior property management Affordable Housing experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Job is mainly administrative, however does require showing apartments as well as outside site and building inspections.
With 3,600 team members working across 500+ locations in 23 states and D.C., WinnCompanies is the #1 manager of affordable housing and a leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
Operations, sales, compliance, maintenance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting and finance. No matter your passion, your work at Winn will impact people who are more than just residents to us. They're individuals, families and heroes.
Watch this short video for a sneak peek at what it's like to work at WinnCompanies.
Apply on company website