Over four decades, WinnDevelopment has earned a national reputation for award-winning excellence in real estate development, acquiring and developing holdings with a value in excess of $2.5 billion in 10 states. WinnDevelopment focuses on the acquisition and repositioning of troubled multifamily properties, adaptive reuse of dilapidated historic structures, transforming public housing into vibrant living communities and complexly structured mixed-income housing communities. We are long-term owners and devoted to the communities we serve. WinnDevelopment builds high-quality housing and developments that provide all residents improved access to economic opportunity.
The candidate will work directly with the VP of Development on a diverse range of investment and development opportunities. The candidate will primarily be responsible for analytical support underwriting potential capital transaction (acquisitions, dispositions, refinancing opportunities, etc.). These responsibilities will include financial modeling, assembling financing applications, preparing responses to requests for information, discounted cash flow analysis, and other special projects, as assigned. The candidate will primarily focus on sourcing, identifying, pursuing and acquiring new development opportunities, but can also expect to work on projects and assignments related to the entire pipeline of activity and portfolio under management.
- Prepare and/or update financial models which will be used to make strategic acquisition and asset management decisions. This includes creating pro forma, budget and sensitivity analyses for development pipeline properties and redevelopment/recapitalization of existing properties. Product types include affordable multifamily housing, mixed-income multifamily housing, large scale urban redevelopments and senior housing
- Perform due diligence for current and potential developments, acquisitions, dispositions, and financings. Due diligence includes, but is not limited to, responding to third party requests, financial analysis, and coordinating site inspections
- Analyzing and supporting/negotiating term sheets and loan documents for construction, bridge and permanent debt, and equity funding sources
- Manage lender disbursements and construction requisitions for projects in development
- Complete administrative tasks and trainings/courses assigned by senior team members
- Assist senior executives in sourcing, identifying, pursuing and acquiring new development opportunities
- Develop and leverage relationships with brokers, landowners and 3rd party consultants to facilitate corporate acquisition objectives
- 1-3 years of previous experience in real estate acquisitions, development, finance, or investment management
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, economics or related field
- Highly proficient understanding of real estate finance, including previous modeling of development projects and cash flow waterfalls
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credit program and tax exempt bond financing preferred
- Prior experience with affordable housing and mixed income housing a plus
- Self-motivated with meticulous attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills, independent problem solving, with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Possess a high degree of professionalism in order to interact well with internal and external clients
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner
- Work routine is fairly consistent, but employee needs to be able to use judgment to respond to events several times a week
What We Can Offer You
Great Benefits: We offer benefits including health & dental plan options, generous time off and paid holidays, 401(k) and education reimbursement opportunities that's best for you and your family.A job you can brag about: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in property management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve. A job that challenges you: Our team members are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge them to constantly be their best in our fast-paced workplace. A job you can learn from: We reward our team's passion and hard work with consistent learning and development opportunities. A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation and mutual respect.
With 3,700 team members working across 600+ locations in 23 states and D.C., WinnCompanies is the #1 manager of affordable housing and a leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
Operations, sales, compliance, maintenance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting and finance. No matter your passion, your work at Winn will impact people who are more than just residents to us. They're individuals, families and heroes.
Watch this short video for a sneak peek at what it's like to work at WinnCompanies.Apply Now
Apply on company website