Over four decades, WinnDevelopment has earned a national reputation for award-winning excellence in real estate development, acquiring and developing holdings with a value in excess of $2.5 billion in 10 states. WinnDevelopment focuses on the acquisition and repositioning of troubled multifamily properties, adaptive reuse of dilapidated historic structures, transforming public housing into vibrant living communities and complexly structured mixed-income housing communities. We are long-term owners and devoted to the communities we serve. WinnDevelopment builds high-quality housing and developments that provide all residents improved access to economic opportunity.
We are searching for a decisive and collaborative leader to join our New York team as a Senior Project Director. In this role, you will oversee the acquisition, underwriting, financing, and construction of mixed income and mixed-use real estate projects. Alongside managing government relations and community input, you will expand the WinnCompanies portfolio, the largest manager of affordable housing in America. Projects will be specialized in the development of critically needed affordable and workforce housing, utilizing Federal and State Tax Credit or subsidy financing programs, with additional development focuses on the adaptive reuse of historic properties.
- Successfully manage assigned development team and third-party vendors to ensure development objectives and timelines are met during the full development process
- Proactively collaborate with lawyers, architects, general contractors, property management, and consultants to promote financially and reputationally successful development efforts
- Accurately prepare financial models, written narratives, and funding applications
- Review all legal documents, third party reports, pro formas, and compliance documents to promote successful loan closings
- Develop positive relationships with elected officials, government agency representatives, residents, the public, lenders, investors, and partners
- Fully responsible for planning, monitoring, and managing department budget
- Regularly travel to project sites
- Bachelor's degree; Master's preferred
- 3– 5 years of relevant real estate and/or underwriting experience, has independently closed and completed 3+ successful projects
- Proven understanding of capital and operating subsidy, Federal and State tax credit programs; LIHTC, HTC, HUD RAD and other Voucher Programs with hand on financial modeling and analysis experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project and/or personnel management experience with an ability to manage multiple tasks, deadlines, and priorities
- Superb attention to detail, high level of accountability, and an ability to work autonomously
What We Can Offer You
Great Benefits: We offer benefits including health & dental plan options, generous time off and paid holidays, 401(k) and education reimbursement opportunities that's best for you and your family.A job you can brag about: WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized leader in property management and development. Our team members are committed to helping people in the communities we serve. A job that challenges you: Our team members are responsible for our growth and success, and we challenge them to constantly be their best in our fast-paced workplace. A job you can learn from: We reward our team's passion and hard work with consistent learning and development opportunities. A team that cares: We value teamwork, innovation and mutual respect.
With 3,700 team members working across 600+ locations in 23 states and D.C., WinnCompanies is the #1 manager of affordable housing and a leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
Operations, sales, compliance, maintenance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting and finance. No matter your passion, your work at Winn will impact people who are more than just residents to us. They're individuals, families and heroes.
Watch this short video for a sneak peek at what it's like to work at WinnCompanies.Apply Now
Apply on company website