Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide's continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
As a subject matter expert in sourcing and product management, the Sourcing Director acts as the primary liaison between Global Operations, Brands and factory partners on sourcing related matters. This role serves as a champion and a consultant; providing proactive information and solutions to key stakeholders. A high degree of relationship fostering, autonomy, and a keen sense of judgement over complex problems are critical to the success of this role. The ideal candidate has a strong ability to build relationships across a matrixed organization and who approaches work with an entrepreneurial spirit; challenging the status quo and driving change.
- Act as a liaison between the Global Operations Group and Brands, Primary point-of-contact with Global Operations Costing, Planning and Materials functional experts.
- Partner with the Global Development, Planning and Costing teams to drive on time performance, lead time reductions and profitability.
- Participate in the evolution of the long-range sourcing strategy and oversee the seasonal source plan execution with adherence to deadlines, strategy alignment as well as factory capacities and capabilities.
- Identify new source opportunities by understanding current and future global footwear trends, trade regulations, and corporate direction.
- Determine methods, processes and procedures for new initiatives and coordinates related activities.
- Attend and contribute to all Brand Specific milestone meetings as appropriate to ensure and facilitate the achievement of all Brand initiatives and key performance indicators.
- Ensure timely, effective communications among all cross functional teams.
- Participate in the securing of factory seasonal development and production capacity and proactively monitor and resolve issues throughout the season.
- Manage the seasonal sourcing calendar with consideration and alignment to cross-functional Go to Market calendar dates and timelines.
- Lead and influence cross-functional process improvement projects that positively impact both the Brands and the Global Operations Group in key areas such as but not limited to: Price, Quality, Delivery, and Corporate Social Responsibility for WWW.
- Perform duties consistent with the Company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Apply on company website