Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide's continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.The Financial Analyst III will provide management with accurate, timely, and relevant financial analysis accompanied with commentary and recommendations where applicable. The position will interact closely with Brand & Corporate FP &A management to ensure alignment across the Organization. Primary Duties
- Coordinate Planning and Forecasting processes for Distributor/Licensee and Joint Venture businesses; input Plans/Forecasts into planning system, and prepare plan and forecast summaries.
- Effectively identify and communicate key assumptions, risk factors, and opportunities reflected in Plans/Forecasts.
- Proactively identify potential deviations from Plans/Forecasts, quantify financial impact, and provide recommendations for contingencies.
- Review forecasts submitted by Joint Venture teams and assist in incorporating into the Group's analysis and commentary.
- Coordinate and compile SG&A budgets for International Group employees.
- Lead the month end closing process with minimal supervision, including all journal entries, account reconciliations, and expense / driver analysis.
- Monitor and report on International Group SG&A costs including direct expenses and allocations.
- Collaborate with brand counterparts to understand SG&A allocations ensuring consistency across brands, regions and over time.
- Analyze and explain budget variances with effective communication to management
- Responsible for assembling and circulating model-specific (Subsidiary, Distributor/Licensee, and Joint Venture) period-end regional, brand, and consolidated Int'l Group financial statements and commentary.
- Review monthly financial statements from Joint Ventures, collaborating with JV teams to develop financial analysis, including commentary, for circulation within the company.
- Ensure that Joint Venture monthly financial statements are properly uploaded into SAP.
- Summarize weekly consolidated, geographical, and branded reporting on orders, shipments, and backlog with comparisons against key benchmarks and comments on salient trends/changes.
- Assist with pricing for distributors and licensees, ensuring that gross margin requirements are satisfied.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate, timely, and relevant Financial analysis, and associated communications.
- Support acquisition and joint venture analysis from proposal phase through benefit realization phase.
- Performs duties consistent with the company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years work experience in Accounting/Finance
- Excellent computer skills with specific knowledge on performing analysis in Excel
(SAP/BW experience a plus)
- International experience a plus
- Strong technical, analytical skills, and problem solving skills
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills
Normal office environment. Some travel required. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Apply on company website