At Worthington Industries, our focus is on making better solutions for our customers, better lives for our employees, better returns for our shareholders and better stewards for our communities. All while following a Philosophy that puts people first. Join our team and help make better possible!
Start and advance your career with the makers of Bernzomatic hand torches, Worthington Industries.
- $1,800 SIGN-ON BONUS!
- Competitive Pay Plus Shift Premiums
- Generous Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Disability and 401k
- Incentive Program
- Overtime opportunities!!
Want to take your career to the next level? We are hiring for experienced Press Operators in Chilton to ensure production schedules and quality standards are met with little downtime through set ups needed in order to meet customers' needs and demands. This position requires strong mechanical knowledge. A detailed orientated, self-motivated, problem solver that utilizes a strong work ethic for a 300+ union facility in Chilton, WI is required. Starting pay depending on experience. This position is available on 2nd shift. Apply to learn more!
Starting pay is $20.50/hr plus $1.00 shift premium!!Responsibilities
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Set up, complete PM's, troubleshoot, repair, and operate presses
- Interpret drawings and press parts to specification while upholding tight tolerances
- Perform in process checks to make certain that the presses run efficiently and accurately to assure quality before approving production
- Examine all work orders and instructions to determine which machines, parts and materials are needed to complete orders to full customer satisfaction.
- Observe and measure parts coming off the press to ensure they are within required specifications
- Makes adjustments such as tightening hold down bolts, die springs and pins, adjusting straightening rolls, guides, feeder roll pressure and, feed length to maintain quality of parts, etc.
- Monitor continuous operation of presses for proper feed of material from roll feed equipment into die
- Loads coil material and threads through roll feed equipment
- Maintains operation of parts washer and lube tank
- Operate a forklift
- Inspects finished product for completeness and conformance to all quality assurance procedures
- Identify opportunities for improvement with suggestions and recommendations for remedy
- Participate in Lean Transformation efforts including safety initiatives
- Complete paperwork accurately and timely as needed and required
- Perform all duties in the spirit of Our Philosophy and in accordance to legal, ethical and contractual practices
- Capability to read and interpret blueprints, work order instructions, and operate required tools involved in position
- Capable of reading and writing relay/ladder logic
- Basic knowledge of machine repair
- Must be forklift certified or have the ability to be forklift certified
- Must be proficient at using micrometers, dial calipers, height gage, shop gages, depth gages and dial indicators to inspect parts and verify dimensions
- Must be able to maintain tolerances and finishes to engineering and manufacturing specifications
- Ability to measure, read, write and document work
- Strong basic math skills, including the ability to understand and convert both metric and English measurements
- Strong in process inspection skills
- Comfortable performing a wide range of responsibilities, from thinking broadly to executing detailed tasks
- Proven ability to effectively work in a detailed, fact based environment
- Knowledge of safety protocol such a lock out tag out
- Customer focused with the ability to function with a high sense of urgency
- Confidence to make decisions and a strong commitment to team success
2+ years of press experience in a manufacturing environment preferredEducation High School Diploma or equivalent
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Apply on company website