At Worthington Industries, our focus is on making better solutions for our customers, better lives for our employees, better returns for our shareholders and better stewards for our communities. All while following a Philosophy that puts people first. Join our team and help make better possible!
Start and advance your career with the makers of Bernzomatic hand torches, Worthington Industries.
- $1,800 SIGN-ON BONUS!
- Competitive Pay Plus Shift Premiums
- Generous Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Disability and 401k
- Incentive Program
- Overtime opportunities!!
What's the position?
The Leader assists in the development, training, evaluation, and work schedules of both seasonal and regular full-time employees within a given area. This role also provides support to the shift or department supervisor in achieving daily and monthly goals in safety, quality, accuracy and production. The Leader will be responsible for expediting work orders through the manufacturing process, accurate production reporting and maximizing resources while reducing scrap/rework. This position acts on the behalf of the supervisor, if absent. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical multi-tasker with excellent organizational and prioritizing skills. We are looking for Leads on 2nd shift. Apply today to learn more!!
Starting pay is $20.50 + shift premiumResponsibilities
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Ability to work in a team environment focusing on meeting Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost standards
- Resolve day to day issues to meet production, safety, shipping and quality goals.
- Assist with training of new employees and complete required training sheets
- Execute scheduled work orders to meet customer requirements.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings and delegate daily work assignments, in Supervisors absence.
- Act as First Responder during Plant emergencies.
- Identify opportunities for improvement with suggestions and recommendations for remedy
- Know, understand, and follow plant safety rules, policies and procedures
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Participate in Lean Transformation efforts including safety initiatives
- Assist others as needed
- Maintain a clean work area
- Complete paperwork accurately and timely as needed and required
- Other duties as assigned by lead, supervisor and/or manager
- Perform all duties in the spirit of Our Philosophy and in accordance to legal, ethical and contractual practices
- Other duties as assigned.
- Capability to read and interpret blueprints, work order instructions, and operate required tools involved in position
- Capable of reading and writing relay/ladder logic
- Basic knowledge of machine repair
- Must be forklift certified or have the ability to be forklift certified
- Must be proficient at using micrometers, dial calipers, height gage, shop gages, depth gages and dial indicators to inspect parts and verify dimensions
- Must be able to maintain tolerances and finishes to engineering and manufacturing specifications
- Possess good problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to measure, read, write and document work
- Ability to sustain a steady work pace over an entire work day
- Strong basic math skills, including the ability to understand and convert both metric and English measurements
- Strong in process inspection skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to establish working relationships quickly
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to drive resolution
- Comfortable performing a wide range of responsibilities, from thinking broadly to executing detailed tasks
- Proven ability to effectively work in a detailed, fact based environment
- Knowledge of safety protocol such a lock out tag out
- Commitment to personal integrity and integrity of the product(s) and processes
- Customer focused with the ability to function with a high sense of urgency
- Confidence to make decisions and a strong commitment to team success
- 2+ years of prior leadership experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- 1st Aid/CPR Training & Emergency Response Training
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Apply on company website