This mechanic will be working on cryogenic semi-trailers at a manufacturing facility located in Theodore, AL. We do all our own new builds, repairs and diagnosis on our semi-trailers including electrical/lighting, chassis/suspension, door maintenance, brakes, tire replacement, and DOT inspections. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled self-starter that desires to be a part of a great team, we invest in our mechanics in helping them to evolve and develop.Responsibilities
- Perform basic mechanical tasks such as replacing brakes, shocks, airline filters, etc.
- Inspect and diagnose the malfunctions in trailer systems.
- Troubleshoot the faults by repairing or replacing the defective/damaged components.
- Perform regular routine check-up/preventive maintenance of the trailer.
- Coordinate with other staff, receive/execute work instructions in a timely and proper manner, keep tools and work area clean.
- Perform DOT inspections
- Perform repairs on the cryogenic vessels such as vacuum work and pressure testing.
- Willing to learn and progress themselves and skillset
- Some welding experienced a plus
- Experience using basic tools
- 3+ years of experience working as a class 3 mechanic
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Apply on company website