Worthington Armstrong Venture (WAVE), a joint venture of Worthington and Armstrong World Industries, has established worldwide leadership in the production of suspended ceiling systems. WAVE produces metal ceiling grids that can be combined with Armstrong ceiling boards as a complete package or sold individually.
The Operations Leadership Program is a 12-18 month program designed to prepare an individual for a management career within the Worthington Armstrong Venture (WAVE) organization. An operations leadership trainee will gain hands-on experience leading people in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and managing cross-functional projects in a supportive learning environment. The training program consists of technical training, leadership development, and professional experiences; integrating an expansive curriculum that will provide opportunities to apply skills and knowledge in varying activities within the organization.
In this role, an individual will be exposed to various operations and support teams, while progressively gaining more responsibilities, decision-making authority, and critical assignments. The Operations Leadership Program begins with several weeks spent on the plant floor working hand-in-hand with production employees to develop an understanding of our manufacturing processes and culture, as well as build valuable employee relationships that will set the foundation for leadership principles. The Operations Leadership Trainee will assist management in functions such as EH&S, Maintenance, Engineering, Inventory Management, Quality and Customer Service, Human Resources, Finance, and Sales to gather a unique perspective on each function's significance and impact on the business.
Upon completion of the program, the Operations Leadership Trainee will interview for open positions within the organization that best match their talents and interests; relocation may be required. Typical opportunities include but are not limited to Production Manager, Supply Chain Planner, or Process Improvement. Following permanent placement, mentorship and coaching will continue while progressing through the ranks of management.
This role reports to the facility General Manager and works closely with all members of the local management team as well as corporate resources.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with all frontline supervisors / managers to learn the day-to-day business operations including but not limited to maintenance, tooling, supply chain, quality, customer management, and manufacturing operations.
- Partner with local safety teams to continue to create an engaged and safety conscious culture.
- Manage special projects assigned; may have periodic leadership / management responsibilities throughout the program.
- Identify opportunities to influence change management, deliver cost reduction, or improve manufacturing efficiencies where appropriate.
- Gain familiarity with root cause analysis techniques, project management execution, and lean principles.
- Develop business cases and strategic planning for projects.
- Complete formal training program, attend required training sessions, and receive consistent feedback from management and mentors.
What We Offer
- Starting salary at +$50K, plus incentives
- Benefits, health insurance and 401(k) plan
- Training (for the job today and the one you want in the future)
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management or related field.
- Familiarity or comfort level in manufacturing environment.
- Must be willing to relocate within an assigned geographic area (USA) at the conclusion of the training program.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, specifically MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint applications.
- Must be willing to work flexible start times during training program.
- Must have the desire to be developed into a manager.
- Effective and clear verbal and written communication skills.
Worthington Industries (NYSE:WOR) is a leading global industrial manufacturing company delivering innovative solutions to customers that span many industries including transportation, construction, industrial, agriculture, retail and energy. Worthington is North America's premier value-added steel processor and producer of laser welded products; and a leading global supplier of pressure cylinders and accessories for applications such as fuel storage, water systems, outdoor living, tools and celebrations. The Company's brands, primarily sold in retail stores, include Coleman®, Bernzomatic®, Balloon Time®, Mag Torch® and Well-X-Trol®. Worthington's WAVE joint venture with Armstrong is the North American leader in innovative ceiling solutions.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, and founded in 1955, the Company follows a people-first philosophy with earning money for its shareholders as its first corporate goal. Relentlessly finding new ways to drive progress and practicing a shared commitment to transformation, Worthington makes better solutions possible for customers, employees, shareholders and communities.
Apply on company website