At Worthington Industries, our focus is on making better solutions for our customers, better lives for our employees, better returns for our shareholders and better stewards for our communities. All while following a Philosophy that puts people first. Join our team and help make better possible!
Start and advance your career with the makers of Bernzomatic hand torches, Worthington Industries.
- $1,800 SIGN-ON BONUS!
- Competitive Pay Plus Shift Premiums
- Generous Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Disability and 401k
- Incentive Program
- Overtime opportunities!!
What's the position?
Worthington Industries is looking for highly motivated individuals to join our shipping team on 1st shift. These individuals will be responsible for safely using a forklift and/or pallet jack to pick and process orders. Duties include a variety of tasks, including, but not limited to: operating a forklift, completing paperwork, problem solving, material handling, and quality control. The ultimate goal of the 1st shift forklift operator is to safely achieve excellence in all facets of the role; providing the highest quality service safely, while effectively and efficiently increasing profits.Responsibilities
- You can plan to work 8 - 10 hours days with an amazing team focused on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost standards
- Learn, know, understand, and follow plant safety rules, policies and procedures
- Follow all set-up and operational procedures to ensure accuracy and quality
- Process work order pick lists
- Package and ship product
- Safety operate a forklift and/or pallet jack
- Ensure inventory accuracy and tracking procedures are followed
- Other duties as assigned by lead or supervisor
- Perform all duties in the spirit of Our Philosophy and in accordance to legal, ethical and contractual practices
What's it take?
A detailed orientated, self-motivated, problem solver that utilizes a strong work ethic for a 300+ union facility in Chilton, WI is required. A list of a few other nice to haves are below.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills and safety practices
- Attention to detail and consistent work patterns
- Strong basic math & reading skills
- Comfortable performing a wide range of responsibilities, from thinking broadly to executing detailed tasks
- Proven ability to effectively work in a detailed, fact based environment
- Commitment to personal integrity and integrity of the product(s) and processes
- Customer focused with the ability to function with a high sense of urgency
- Confidence to make decisions and a strong commitment to team success
Worthington Industries (NYSE:WOR) is a leading global industrial manufacturing company delivering innovative solutions to customers that span many industries including transportation, construction, industrial, agriculture, retail and energy. Worthington is North America's premier value-added steel processor and producer of laser welded products; and a leading global supplier of pressure cylinders and accessories for applications such as fuel storage, water systems, outdoor living, tools and celebrations. The Company's brands, primarily sold in retail stores, include Coleman®, Bernzomatic®, Balloon Time®, Mag Torch® and Well-X-Trol®. Worthington's WAVE joint venture with Armstrong is the North American leader in innovative ceiling solutions.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, and founded in 1955, the Company follows a people-first philosophy with earning money for its shareholders as its first corporate goal. Relentlessly finding new ways to drive progress and practicing a shared commitment to transformation, Worthington makes better solutions possible for customers, employees, shareholders and communities.
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran's status.
Apply on company website